cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Gai.C

Current Situation

So How's Everyone Fairing in this Crazy time.  Are u still working? Are u going out to shop? Mask or no Mask?  Kid's or Grand's going to school or College  in person or on line. Im still working.  Shopping as usual.  Wearing my mask at work and when Im off the clock trying to stay safe.  We decided to send My Granddaughter Hailee to school.  They are wearing mask.  No mask during lunch, PE or recess.  Everything is well with Us. Praying All is well with Everyone. 

26 Replies
RoseH

We are sick of quarantine.  Our one meal a day is delivered to our door.  It sounds like a dream, but believe me it’s not!  Food is upside down or all sticky etc.  The Covid-19 cases are finally going “down”.  Amen!  We go out to shop or to go to doctor’s but always wear a mask.  We’ve had two (2) cases of the pandemic in our buillding...  Would you believe some of these old people (we are not old in mind or spirit!) decided to visit their kids in another state and came home with the virus?  We do not socialize with any one here that is “old”!  LOL  We will N E V E R be old in our heads!

So glad you and your loved ones are doing ok.  I hope we see the light at the end of the tunnel very soon!  Take care, my dear friend!  We are trying to too!

Gai.C

Glad u ate doing well Rosemary keep your chin up my friend 

YoungAtHeart

Good for Texas!  We in Maryland are not so fortunate.  They opened up restaurants for social distanced indoor dining, and then closed them again.  Our grade school children are going to school virtually, as are our universities and colleges. 

I was only born with one kidney, so feel especially vulnerable to the damages to organs this virus can cause. I am retired, so no job.   I have only been out one time since early March to pick up a drive-through Rx, although I will go to a local park and drink my coffee in my car, and have had the use of my neighbor's inground pool to swim laps  - thank God....but we only socially distance visit when I first arrive.  I have an appointment at our University dental school on September 8 which I thoroughly intend to keep! 

I think our downfall was opening up our beaches on Memorial Day weekend and for the summer- they have boardwalks which were packed with no mask wearing  or social distancing being observed,  I think all of those people came back to their hometowns and spread the virus ALL around!  Young people here also felt immune, and graduation parties were attended - again with no masks or social distancing, again bringing it back home and spreading it everywhere they went.

I am getting my groceries through Amazon or Instacart, and I have a few friends who do go to the farmers markets and bring me fresh fruits and veggies.  I am doing fine, especially compared to some, so I do actually feel fortunate.

I miss hugs and friends and having lunch out with friends.  I miss SOCIALIZING!  But - I am not in danger of starving or losing my shelter, so I am trying not to complain!

Gai.C

Glad u are  taking precaution so u can be safe. Sorry to hear about all of the inconvenience this Awful Virus Has Caused Everyone.  Praying your Dentist Appointment Goes Well. 

0 Kudos
indingrl

Thanks for asking Gai - here in MY area of Park City IL - Wearing masks entering all businesses - MY daughters shared the grandchildren will be computer schooling at their individual homes - yet - MY granddaughter here in IL  - she is a senior this year and her school said OPEN with mask wearing - WE are ALL safe - TODAY - and yahooooooo -  ONLY by MY Daddy God's grace - I ain't even thinking OLD nicotine addict mindset - I choose to keep learning and growing and moving on to a higher level - it is written - renew your mind by putting on the new  - it is written - I have the mind of Christ - please I am talking about ME - NOT anyone else - thank you - I will think on the positive with YOU Gai - by staying a NON SMOKER filled with gratitude - WE - TOGETHER - NeverTakeAnotherPuffEver over ME

Gai.C

Glad All is Well with U Amen. 

0 Kudos
indingrl

elvan

I work at a university & l told them l would not be back until l see what happens when all of the students have been back for a while. My son does all shopping for us & the only times l have been out are for lab work or appointments. I do wear a mask.

My son wears a mask ALL of the time, even in the house. He does not want to take any chances with his father or me. I am going stir crazy!

Ellen

Gai.C

Glad u are staying safe. You have a good Son. Take Care