cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Og1

Admitting powerlessness over nicotine.

Admitting powerlessness over nicotine.
I have done lots of reading. I have my quick kit in please and all my medical aids to help me through with the withdrawal symptoms.

but this morning I have realized, that I need to truly admit my powerlessness over nicotine.

Step one. ,  admitted to myself, God and another human being my powerlessness over nicotine.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Barbscloud

Just realizing this is an addiction, is a big step for many.  You're prepared.  You got this.

Barb

sweetplt

When I admitted I was an addict, it was changing for me....I get it Og1 ... glad you are working it...Happy Tuesday ~ Colleen 617 DOF 

DavesTime

It is a big thing to finally realize and admit that we are addicts.  It took me a long time to face up to that fact.  Addicts were junkies, and I certainly wasn't one of "those people."  I could live my life just fine; in fact, I thought smoking and using nicotine helped me: it helped me concentrate when I needed to, wake up when I felt groggy, calm me down when I needed to de-stress.  I ignored the times when I hadn't gotten my nicotine fix that I could think of little else but satisfying my need, and the time I wasted, and the deception involved in getting my drug, and--oh yeah--the literal dead-end of continuing my addiction. The sad thing is that even when I finally realized and admitted that I was, in fact, addicted, I kept on smoking, putting off the quit that I knew I had to do eventually.  I AM a nicotine addict. I have just decided not to remain chained to my addiction anymore.  And that is how I can live truly free.  You can have that freedom too! 

Admitting we have no control over our addiction is a difficult thing to do. Oh but the freedom when we take that step. This is possible for anyone, we just have to get the right attitude between the ears. Give it a real shot & become the person you didn't know you wanted to be.

Mn@ 001.jpg

Og1

Thank you everyone for your comments and support.

YoungAtHeart

We ARE addicts, but our quits are one thing over which we can exert total control.  We can make a decision and honor it each and every hour, each and every day, every week, every month, every year, through every emotional upheaval and stressful event. 

When presented with a challenge, honor that decision by finding something to change your mind's direction.  Think what ELSE you can do to get past it.  Sometimes slow/deep breaths might work, sometimes marching in place, sometimes getting out in nature, sometimes watching a YouTube video, sometimes blogging our feelings out here.

Whatever you do, decide not to smoke again.  It really is up to you!

maryfreecig

One step, one hour, one day at a time, you can do this.

elvan

It gets easier, remember that, I did and it kept me going forward.

Ellen

0 Kudos

Congratulations!

0 Kudos