cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

rhope1979

Picking my start date

Before I joined on here yesterday I had been thinking about quitting for some time now. So when I picked my quit date on here I picked for the 6th. After putting some more thought into it and looking over some other peoples comments and such, I realized I think I jumped the gun on my quit date. I don't feel prepared. I have now changed it out for another week and I think that will be plenty time to finish gathering myself up for this battle. Now rewind to two ago I had already started prepping myself with eating right, I joined the gym last week, and yesterday I bought my patches. I have already been plotting in my head how to handle the cravings and such. I've bought one of those diamond puzzles and a regular puzzle. I have some organizing that I'm wanting to get through to use for when I'm at home. At work I have my floss picks and I can take brief walks. When I am in my car I can sing, sit on my one had that I normally have a cig in, or call a friend on my Bluetooth. I just needed to get out what was going through my head and get it out.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sweetplt

Hi and Welcome to Ex’s rhope1979 

Glad you are preparing for your quit day.  It is important that you plan, become knowledgeable with educating yourself about addiction and to come here for support.  I suggest you read at My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX it will help you get a quit day planned and how to make the best quit for you. Try to think of this less as a battle and the best thing you are doing for yourself.  I too did puzzles, I knitted, walked a lot, meditation/prayer, I am learning spanish now, etc., You can do this and we are here to help.  Happy Wednesday ~ Colleen 611 DOF 

Barbscloud

It's your quit, so you know when you're ready.   I think you've already done some excellent preparation for your quit.  So don't be afraid--you got this one day at a time.  In the meantime, stay in touch.   We'll still be here cheering you on

Barb

rhope1979

Colleen (sweetplt) and Barb (Barbscloud)

Thank you to both! I'm already thinking that joining is going to be a good decision on helping me with the success of quitting. I think all the times I have tried before failed due to lack of support and educating myself. I have learned so much all ready and seen some really good ideas. I am starting to be more excited about quitting verses being nerves.

Rachel

Great job, Rachel! We're so glad you're here!

0 Kudos