cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Metalhead1998

Try to better my health in more ways than 1

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately I regressed to my old smoking habits about a month after my initial quit. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic I grew bored and made a mental lapse in judgement. Good news is that is the longest I have went without smoking since I started a year ago. Recently I have been unhappy with my weight and decided to start fasting, tracking calories, and running or biking everyday. In order to get my mile time down and actually improve my health I have decided to quit again this time hopefully for good. I have been spending 15 dollars on disposable vapes for for too long and when I get home from work I plan on throwing all of them away along with my original Juul. This will be my third day without smoking and I know that once I make it 2-3 weeks again I can maintain it for good. I will be using this website more like I did when I reached my 30 day record. 

I have also begun to try and meditate in order to relax when feeling overwhelmed 

Thank you, Nick 

Tags (1)
6 Replies
Barbscloud

Welcome back.  Definitely toss any vaping/smoking related items.  That's the first step to a success quit.  Update your quit plan and identify what worked and what didn't.  Sounds like you've made some other positive changes so move forward with your quit also. And, reach out before you act.  That's what we're here for.

Barb

YoungAtHeart

Welcome back!

Sounds like you are giving some good thought and putting good preparation into your effort.  Throwing out ALL vaping supplies is a good first start!

Increasing your exercise is the BEST!  A crave only lasts for about 3 minutes.  Keep in mind that slow/deep breaths are always available to you if a bad crave hits. 

478Breathe500x500c129revised.gif

Always keep in mind that there are a series of decisions to be made to go buy another vape.  You can stop yourself before any one of them.  Come here and write out how you are feeling instead!  Then wait for us to come to your rescue!

Can't wait to share your journey to freedom with you!  Hang around!

sweetplt

Glad you are back Metalhead1998 ... and quit for 3 days...please keep close to the support site.  Also, re do the work/readings.  There are no excuses to starting smoking/vaping...only choices...this time you choose Not to Smoke...

Happy Monday and Day 3...Colleen ~

maryfreecig

This will be my third day without smoking and I know that once I make it 2-3 weeks again I can maintain it for good.

You absolutely can quit! No doubt about it. I hope that you will look at quitting as a one day at a time prospect. Something you make better bit by bit. Give yourself the benefit of Ex support and experience, a place to come talk too. 

This is an adventure that will change your life. Hang in there and welcome to Ex.

0 Kudos
indingrl

Nick - WAY TO GO

0 Kudos
elvan

Welcome back, remember that we are here to help in any way that we can.  Put that money you were spending aside, watch it grow and reward yourself with a celebratory gift.  This isn't easy but it IS POSSIBLE..Make your quit your number one priority because that's the way it will grow.

Ellen

0 Kudos