cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MarilynH

(: I so enjoyed the Zoom meeting :)

Thank you for our Virtual 8 zoom meeting Strudel Giulia Brenda_M and Mark and anyone else that worked so hard to put it together thank you thank you Thank you, I honestly don't know if I'll ever get to an actual reunion in person so this meant so much to be me to be able see some of your faces and hear your voices, I want to especially thank Kathy for helping me figure out Zoom  you are a sweetheart......

You all are sweethearts friends and Fellow EXers and most definetly EXtended family YAY for Smokefree living and YAY for each and every Day WON because LIFE really is Grand without a Cigarette in Hand.....

a6533ac69319af290953270efdd0b657.jpg

18 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

I really enjoyed it too Marilyn!  Thanks to all who helped make it a success!

sweetplt

MarilynH Oh Marilyn so happy you got to zoom...I haven’t zoomed once yet...not sure how it works...maybe someday....Happy Monday....~ Colleen 602 DOF 

Maki

You were all thought of .

So nice to see this community with such enthusiasm to make it happen and you all did ! I bet it was amazing ! So happy for you Marilyn ... it must have brought so much joy for you all (both ways) you to see them and them to see you . ( Hear if you did it by phone )

Everyone's presence there (who could make it ) I'm sure was just an awesome feeling . I can't imagine . Listening to G s song "nope" this morning put that same feeling in me . Grateful AND amazing ! 

My next goal is to learn zoom . I just learned how to participate in webinars so I can recieve info on the covid situation for PID patients . Drs are so good keeping us informed and up to date . That too was an important first step of learning for me ..  One step at a time . 

We will make the next one Sweetplt . We are going to learn too . Ex smokers are fearless . We can do this ! 

Again glad you all had an awesome time , you were thought of often last night with a smile . Hope others will share their experience as well of last nights event . 

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

MarilynH‌ Glad you could make it as well.

Yes it was a great experience.  The work was really done by Strudel‌, Giulia‌ and Brenda_M Michwoman ‌.  I just put the final pieces together for the technology. Glad people joined. Perhaps there can be another get together in the next couple months.  Perhaps some of you already do the Facebook Messenger, Google Meet rooms or something similar. 

Mark
EX Community Manager

(updated to add all the @Mentions)

EX Community Admin Team
Jennifer-Quit

We (some folks from EX) have used Google Hangouts in the past and it might be worth trying it again!

MarilynH

I've used FB messenger a few times with no issues Zoom was pretty easy with Kathys help as you know I had no issues with video but couldn't get audio but with my  phone on speaker it worked great and thankfully at least until April 2021 I have a free rate throughout Canada and the United States with my phone company. Mark

0 Kudos
Maki

I did notice Zoom would cost . I can call within Canada only . I do not use Facebook at all . Possibly the webinars were a google meet but quality did not appear near the same as zoom ( from what I have seen of zoom ) . 

Question though ? Does the video feature work on this site ? Can you record something to your computer and then post it Mark ? Thanks . 

MarilynH

It doesn't cost anything to download the Zoom app which is really great, I'm fortunate right now with my phone company to be able to get a free rate at least until April then I'll see what happens if it's too pricey I'll have to cancel the long distance throughout Canada and the U.S., I do have a free rate through N.B but I have family in N.S and Ontario. Maki

MarilynH

Thank you....

0 Kudos