cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dominasayes

Two weeks from my quit date. Anyone else? Let's do it together!

Hi Ex's,

I'm Amy. I'm 2 weeks from my quit date and am preparing by monitoring my triggers and cigarettes, finding and preparing a fitness program, and planning a two-week hike staring on my quit date to start off strong.

I'd love to hear for others who are heading down the same path...

Blessings,

DS

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
alligator22

Hi Amy! My quit date is 2 weeks from today, so only a couple days after you! I like the idea of monitoring triggers. I'm planning on finding some patches and lozenges to maybe try and wean off before my quit date. 

Caridad

• I had an original quit date of March 17 but slipped. I am cigarette free now as of 5 minutes ago and am trying to stay that way. Some psychological triggers keep coming my way giving me the inclination to smoke. I am trying to surpass that
  •  Any ideas.thanks 
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

What matters is that you pick yourself and get right back on it! You got this!

Quiana, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team

@Caridad Happy to hear you haven't given up.  Have you been reading material on the site?  There are lots of suggestions to deal with physical and psychological triggers.  A tool that worked for many quitters is exercise, especially walking. When  craving hit, I would just walk out the door and go for a few blocks through the day.  It's a great way to refocus your thoughts and get the added boost of dopamine lost from quitting.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

And don't forget to join us on the Daily Pledge.  It's a great way to stay accountable to your quit.

100 Things to do instead of smoke - EX Community

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

0 Kudos