cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Zak1314

The Blaahhssss...

3 months 2 weeks into quit. Feeling really , really angry to where I have to stay to myself.. I'm really and outgoing , funny person .. The day before I felt this way I had a lil anxiety attack. I just want to feel good again .So many ups and downs  ..I just don't know.. Anyone has had this feeling at almost 4 months quit?

Tags (1)
8 Replies
indingrl

Thank YOU for SHARING - yes I experince daily emotions which swing wildly - from sad to happy to frustration to wonderful to BLAH - they come and go - I bite into a lemon and come here just like YOU for HELP and they SUGGESTED to write a goodbye letter to MY bff NICOTINE - sounds silly yet it worked for ME to release all my emotions fears anxious moments at 4 month's and each DAY to know -  this too shall pass - and they do with many more that come more slowly and good FEELINGS with peace because YOU are a non3 SMOKER and living NICOTINE FREE - WAY TO GO  

Sootie

Yes...I did!!!! And I actually titled it....BLAH! Here is my blog from just about the same time period as you (I quit November 15, 2009.....this was written February 4,  2010. So----10 + years later I am still quit and so, so happy I am. There are ups and downs in this process.....but it is so WORTH IT!!!! Stay Strong.

BLAH

Blog Post created by Sootie on Feb 4, 2010

Today is blah. Northeastern Pennsylvania is blah in February (thank goodness it is a short month). I remember these blahs from the last time I quit...dangerous period. The excitement of the beginning of the quit is over; the cravings have gone (you think) BUT---your mind now tries to convince you that the blahs, the boredom, the "will this ever end" feeling can be solved by having a cigarette. I won't have one. I don't know if it is because I am older than the last time I quit OR---if it is because I remember the stages and the pitfalls and don't want to go back. It could ALSO be that I am extremely competitive and my husband is still quit and for about one month longer than me! Anyway, I'm not worried about giving in---but it is indeed BLAH!!!

Jennifer-Quit

Very normal and even more normal during these difficult times.  But, good news, it does get better, and better news, it is worth it. Absolutely the very best thing that I ever did for myself!  Stick with it!  Congrats to you!

beazel

Yes I did. Please remember your quit is very young, lots of bumps along the way.

You are doing great.

One day at a time............

Barbscloud

For me it's a yes.  I just went back and read some of my posts from that time period and I was still  experiencing those feelings.   And, they lasted longer than that for me.  Again, I had little or no physical withdrawal, mine was more emotional. 

I know it can be difficult when your keep thinking "I quit smoking.  I should be feeling better."  Honestly, I don't feel much of a difference physically.   Riding it out through the sadness for some, takes some extra work.  A year into my quit, I kept gaining weigh and was still feeling sad.  I contacted my doctor because at this point, I knew something was wrong.  I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism which by the way can be a side effect of quitting smoking. That can be accompanied by depression. My previous thyroid test  was fine.  When tested in March  '19 it was off the charts.    I had a rough year keeping my quit until I was diagnosed.  Honestly, I didn't talk about how I was still feeling, because no one else seemed to be experiencing these feelings so long into their quit.  

You're doing this.  It will happen for you.

Barb

maryfreecig

Yes. I resented the addiction because I believed it would help me feel better to smoke. And I knew that could not be true. I knew that I was not built by mother nature to need a substance such as nicotine so bad that I could not live without. Sometimes I would resign myself, other times I would get fighting mad--I'm not putting up with this without fighting for something better. I won and you have too. You took positive action when you were down...that's smobriety!  Keep not smoking, keep walking forward. 

sweetplt

Hi Zak1314 I am sorry you are feeling this way, but I think for many of us we still had many “ups and downs” early in the quit...Often the next day was better.  Honestly, you may even had this sort of day even when you smoked...sometimes has humans we have days...and during this pandemic it isn’t easy...hoping today is a better one for you...Colleen 598 DOF 

Zak1314

I thank each and every one of you for being here for me .. I feel so much better when I read and go through your text and your experiences.. Thank you all so much for the encouraging words.  I really appreciate all of you so!