cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

PastTense

Hypnosis?

Has anyone had any luck with hypnosis helping them quit?

I saw an add for an on-line hypnosis seminar and thought it might help since so much of smoking is at the subconscious level of our brain.

I don't think hypnosis ALONE is enough.  There is no silver bullet that will instantly kill the NicoDemon.  But I am all for using whatever works.

Curious about who has tried this

PT

Keep the Quit
PT
14 Replies
Barbscloud

I tried it a few years back.  The person was recommended by someone who was successful.  Forget the cost, but not cheap.  I think it's the same old story--you need to do the work. There's no magic pill or 

Op Art Animated Gif - 57329 - Buamai

Barb

PastTense

This made my eyes hurt!

THe cost wasn't bad.  $50.  

I may do it. One more tool. 

PT

Keep the Quit
PT
Barbscloud

This was in a private office.  He was out of town for months and I kept waiting for him to get back.   Can't remember - several hundred?  He actually used a hypnotic spiral. 

SuzyQ411

I have never tried hypnosis PastTense‌ so I can't speak to it personally. However, I have come across a few people who've found success this way (and others who didn't.) Going into it with the right frame of mind for success may be beneficial. Is this one easier on your eyes??

hypnosis.jpg

a hypnosis image

YoungAtHeart

If you know there is no silver bullet, I am left wondering why you are looking for it.  Quitting is really quite simple.....you make a decision not to smoke again no matter what and stick to it.  Not easy in the beginning, but it gets easier and easier to do.  You can employ all the tools available, but if you don't honor that decision, you won't be successful....period.

I wonder who else here has tried hypnosis?  Interested to see their experiences!

beazel

I did the hypnosis thing - it was a group setting. I bought the CD for reinforcement.

(kinda liked the CD, it was relaxing)

Did no good for me, maybe I was expecting too much.

To me, it was a waste of money and a long drive to boot.

"I don't think hypnosis ALONE is enough."  I agree.  

When I went through training with the ALA (American Lung Association) to be certified as a facilitator for its "Freedom From Smoking" course (a volunteer gig for me) there was a classmate that was in private practice as a psychologist.  The reason she was taking the class was because she found that doing hypnosis on her clients was not enough for them to quit smoking or to stay quit so she was looking for "additional tools" she could use to help them.  

And I agree, "there is no silver bullet".  The most important success denominator is always the individual themselves.  

green1611

no, not really

you may try Yoga.. there are good techniques, might help to discipline the mind.

all the best

PastTense

I already do yoga.  I found it helps me in 99 ways; but not smoking.

What have you done in yoga you thought was helpful?  Share with the class.

PT

Keep the Quit
PT