I had a conversation last night with someone that battles addiction daily, but unlike me, it's not nicotine. It is food. She has had life saving surgery and counseling to change her eating. I have quit smoking. There are many similarities in our experiences. I guess addiction is addiction and thus, regardless of vice, carries the characteristics of addiction. Rather than recap the whole conversation, I thought I would share some things that make us laugh now that we know how silly we were for thinking them. Here are a few that had us reveling in laughter:
- If I cannot have McDonald's and Coke for breakfast, I will not make it through the day!
- If I cannot smoke before a plane flight, I may have a hard time breathing!
- I look cool with a cigarette
- Fast food really isn't that bad
- There are worse vices than cigarettes, it's OK that I am doing this
- Addict? That's only for those that abuse illegal drugs and alcohol
- I wouldn't feel so lousy if I had only kept smoking!
These are just a few...please feel free to share any that you have.
Starting a 6th poison free week