cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Out of Hospital Today

Thank you for al the prayers and positive thoughts. God hears them all. 

I have been diagnosed covid negative and severe exacerbation of COPD. With steroids and antibiotics I am improving little by little. I slept almost nonstop yesterday with Nancy's suggestion to ask for a do not disturb sign. Plus my body was just heavily dosed on steroids which left me 48 hours without a wink so I finally got some rest. 

If you are still smoking - please stop! If you have quit - please protect your quit as if your Life depends on it - because it does - not just quantity but quality. 

I read a blog today about a person in their 20s who has bad lungs already. It's a good heads up that yes, you can get COPD in your 20s - maybe not in this case but just as young adults thought they couldn't suffer from Covid - they can! They can also suffer from COPD. If you have breathing problems - no matter what your age - ask for a Spirometry Test.It will indicate in minutes a lot about your lung health and next steps like a full PFT breathing test. 

Well, I gotta pack up - should be home by 1pm. Thanks again, for all your prayers!

LLAP! Your decision to quit smoking contributes to a long healthy life!

22 Replies
YoungAtHeart

SO happy for this news!  No Covid-19; going home.  ALL good!!!

Now - get home and REST!

DavesTime

Thomas, so glad you are going to be able to go home today!  Good news about not having Covid, too. Thank you for reminding all of us, new or long-time quitters, why we came here.  God is good!  Take care!

MarilynH

I'm so glad that you are home prayers are still going up for you for strength and healing and peace of mind along with lots of good thoughts and a huge caring hug from me to you Thomas....

3be478572dd409792a00ab8b63a246f1.jpg

indingrl

Thank YOU Father God for bringing Thomas safe from cv19 and home yahoooooo in MY Lord Jesus name amen

Barbscloud

Happy to hear COVID was negative and that you're on your way home.  Nothing can be better than getting out of the hospital and back to your comfort zone.  

Home word art | Etsy

Barb

sweetplt

Praise the Lord ... I so agree ...he always hears us...I am relieved you don’t have Covid...but I am sorry you are having more lung issues...you know the drill Thomas Thomas3.20.2010 rest, lots of fluids, and take your meds...you will remain in my prayers...Colleen 584 DOF 

Christine13

I'm so glad you are home Thomas, and that you don't have Covid.

Prayers continue for you for strength and healing.

Giulia

Here's to you being home and getting some sweet, sweet rest.  ♥