cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Just Curious

Jump to solution

OK All of you nurses out there, you have to know the answer: Why do hospital staff wake you up to see if you're sleeping OK? One of these nights, I may just say, "I was - till you showed up! Any guesses? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
YoungAtHeart

If it is really getting to you, you might ask the charge nurse if it would be OK to put a sign on your door, "Please do not disturb until (whatever time you choose)" 

If you are getting some rest from that cough, that is really important to your recovery and I would hope they might allow you to get it when you are able.  When I was in the rehab hospital, they would come in to do vitals every 3 hours (and there was never a problem with them).  I finally put a note on the door and they honored it!

View solution in original post

22 Replies
Barbscloud

From my experience with hospitalizations, it was the for the blood draws that they woke me up.  Could time it around 3:00 a.m.     As far as other staff, I rarely saw any one at night.  I could hear the nurses at the front desk having a good time talking and laughing which kept me awake some nights.  

How are you?

Barb

I cough so hard I pass out. My body aches and my head is killing me but no fever so I hope that's a good sign.

Barbscloud

OMG.   Are you still waiting for COVID test results?

Yes I'm trying to smile and be hopeful.

Barbscloud

Like everyone on the site, will continue to send positive thoughts your way.

Thoughts & prayers continue for a speedy resolution & recovery.  And yes, when we are sick in the hospital it's the last place we can get any "recuperative" rest.  Can't make it toooooooo comfortable in case you/we would want to overstay the welcome.    Hang in there!  

YoungAtHeart

Maybe they want to convince themselves you are still alive?  Afraid to scare you to death if they touch you in your sleep, maybe?  idk - DO hope one of our nurses will check in on this.

SO good to hear from you.  Sorry that you are feeling so awful.  Praying for a speedy recovery and relief from that horrid coughing.

Nancy

Maki

Perhaps shift change ? Change of nurse? 

Perhaps it is their job . 

Perhaps because they care .

Perhaps all three . 

With covid around who knows the protocol but I'm glad they are in checking on you to make sure you are ok . 

Good question tho , I'll ask the nurses on my next visit to the hospital on the 16 . 

Hope you are feeling better Thomas . Hopefully You can soon be well enough to go home and then sleep like a baby Thomas . Get better soon . So glad you are checking in here . Keep doing so . 

You are in thought and prayer . 

YoungAtHeart

If it is really getting to you, you might ask the charge nurse if it would be OK to put a sign on your door, "Please do not disturb until (whatever time you choose)" 

If you are getting some rest from that cough, that is really important to your recovery and I would hope they might allow you to get it when you are able.  When I was in the rehab hospital, they would come in to do vitals every 3 hours (and there was never a problem with them).  I finally put a note on the door and they honored it!