cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Zak1314

3 month's no cig .. I'm so proud of myself and very hopeful that I can continue on with my quit journey.  I still have lil spurts of anxiety.  I still have tightness in chest from time to time but not as much as before. I still feels lil down from time to time but not as much as before.. I wanted a cig so bad the other day because I had to take my mom which has cancer and going through the treatments ,  to the hospital because she was throwing up so much and couldn't keep anything down for 2 days . It was calling me but I said no I don't need it and it will only make it worse so I didn't give in .. But to people on their quit journey I say continue be strong and we can do this !

Tags (1)
13 Replies
sweetplt

Zak1314 You just won through a very tough trigger... Hope your mom is doing better from the treatment...

Zak1314

Thank you sweetplt.. She is doing better she's sounds stronger but still in hospital because of an infection she has and being that she has cancer they don't want to let her out until she's feel much better and can eat solids...

Mandolinrain

Unknown-1.jpeg Lifting your Mom AND you up tonight in prayers, Im sure this is hard on you both. You are making great choices and yes difficult days come...but remind yourself that they also come to those who never smoked and you can get through them just as they do....one day at a time

Zak1314

Thank you ..

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

You are walking a tough road right now - stay close and let us walk by your side.

You didn't smoke during a very rough time.  I am proud of you!  YOU should be proud of you.

Hang in there! 

Thinking of you and Mom!

Nancy

Zak1314

Thank you so much !

0 Kudos
elvan

Wow, we are ALL proud of you. So hope that your mom can get home soon, l am sure she does too. That was quite a challenge & you did GREAT! CONGRATULATIONS on THREE months! Keep going & KNOW that you can do this. I am sure your mom is proud of you & grateful that you are not smoking. It really is going to keep getting easier. Look at how far you have come already!

GREAT JOB, 

Ellen

Zak1314

Thank you and she is very proud of me too.  

elvan

Of COURSE she is! Sending both of you many prayers.

Ellen