cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Cousin-Itt

Neighborhood Movie Night

I'd thought I share something good during these time  

College Hill a community here in Cincinnati has created away to help with the stress of the virus. The community leaders have taken a public parking lot and a side of a building and turned it into the Hollywood Drive-In Theatre The Cost is $20 a car load or family any profit made will be going back into community development 

9 Replies
YoungAtHeart

What a GREAT idea!!!  I wish our community could follow suit!

sweetplt

Oh Carl Cousin-Itt Thank you for sharing...how cool is this...I love it...you know I am a neighboring gathering gal...Happy Friday...Colleen 578 DOF 

Barbscloud

They've done that here also.  Showing movies at the Pittsburgh Zoo parking lot.  But we still have a number of drive-in-theaters in the area.  In addition to showing movies, they've held church services, weddings, and a local band even had a concert.

Cousin-Itt

YoungAtHeart‌ Nancy  sweetplt Colleen  I know if our boys were younger we would be up their or if BB was older  I got a laugh out of the boy laying on the roof of the car

What a great idea someone had and simple to put into action

The neighborhood community group took the time marked the lot off and numbered the spaces so social distancing can be maintained   I

sweetplt

Hahah Just saw the kid on the roof of the car...this brought back a memory as a kid in my dad’s big fire engine red station wagon we all piled in to a drive in and saw “Your’s Mine and Our’s” with Lucille Ball...LOL...good times...

Maki

We have had that here as well cousin itt . It brings back the old days doesn't it . Think it was cheaper back then though lol . 

Cousin-Itt

Maki 

When ever we got bored we went to the drive in I remember when they had $5 a car load and you jammed as many people as you could in you car

0 Kudos
elvan

We actually have a drive in theater here, it's really retro.  Because of the virus, people have to purchase tickets on line, I am not sure what they are doing about their concession stand, it was always pretty busy.  The place is run by volunteers and they have fund raisers all the time.

JACKIE1-25-15

Great idea.  That is coming soon in Hampton VA 25 miles away.  I think it would be worth the drive.