cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

PastTense

That cough

As sure as thunder follows lightning, a cough is part of a quit.

That is my experience, anyway.

I quit because of the nagging cough - and that same cough gets WORSE.

Yeah, yeah; I know about the cilia and cleaning out my sinuses.  I believe this cough is a sign of recovery as all the old gunk is getting cleared out.

Coughing in a mask is no fun.  Every cough and my glasses fog up.

Every cough and I get side-eye from somebody (rightfully) concerned about COVID.

I'm just whining.  It's gonna be that kind of day

Keep the (cough cough) quit

PT

Day 2

Keep the Quit
PT
11 Replies
Barbscloud

Hadn't thought about coughing in a mask.  Ugh.  My glasses fog up even if I'm not coughing.  I don't know why, but I didn't develop the cough when I quit.  Who knows?

Congrats on day 2!

Barb

maryfreecig

Congratulations on 2!!!

Barbara145

Have you had a chest x-ray?  Might be a good idea.  Congrats on quitting smoking.

YoungAtHeart

I have read that cleaning your glasses with soapy water, rinsing and drying well will stop the fogging.

The cough WILL end!  Maybe writing on your mask, "Quitting Smoking" might lessen the dead-eye stares??!  You are right on to wear it, though.  If you have the virus and are asymptomatic, you would be spreading it  everywhere with those coughs.

Congratulations on Day WON!

PastTense

My daughter works in a hospital.  She advised me to wear my mask as high as possible and that will reduce the fogging.  I tried it, and she is right.

I wear the kind of mask that like a sleeve of material around your head (think of the neck portion of a turtlenech sweater).  I try to bunch a little extra fabric over the bridge of my nose and that helps, too.

Knowledge I never thought I would need!

PT

Keep the Quit
PT
AnnetteMM

I do that same thing with the mask, having it up higher and sort of wedged under my glasses.

I also had the cough, and I had lung pain. It was no fun, I'll tell ya! But it didn't last long at all and now I'm fine.

You will be, too.

Sootie

I was just going to respond the same.......you need to place the mask under the rims of your glasses. Then...no fogging.

Cousin-Itt

I couldn't imagine having to cough in a mask when I first quit smoking.    Bright side it will go away  as far as glasses I only have to use mine for driving especially at night

indingrl

Awe no worries I love YOU PT and YOUR whinning - reminds ME of ME - I thank MY Daddy God I ain't alone - CONGRATS 2 DAYS FREEDOM

0 Kudos