PastTense

Back in the Saddle

Discussion created by PastTense on Jul 1, 2020
Latest reply on Jul 3, 2020 by elvan

Quitting smoking is a journey.  My quit journey took a detour and led me off track.

That actually sounds like I was a passenger on the ride and not the pilot and that is just not the case.

I own my actions and I dropped my quit.

I thought I had a pretty good plan.  The COVID situation strained that plan (or gave an excuse to feel strained, but honestly, a little of both).  We started remodelling our house, another strain but still my plan was holding.

And then my darling husband, for whom I was determined to quit, started smoking again.  I did not have the tools to cope with that.  I never even considered that is was a possibility!

For the first time in over 10 years I went from a closet smoker to an out smoker.  At home, anyway.  That was in April.  Here I am, 90 days later, coughing all the damn time, headache all the dam time, and determined to quit this damn habit once and for all.

I have a different plan now.  My husband knows I'm quitting - which was always a secret before.  He is supportive.  I have a quit buddy IRL.  And thank the stars, I have this site.

Back in the saddle, weary, wiser, and ready.

Keep the quit

PT

Day 1

Outcomes