cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Zak1314

Resisting urge

Last night I was putting together a tv stand it took me 2 an a half hrs to put it together I was so frustrated because screws weren't going in right and the door was the hardest part.. the cigarette gets was so strong but I did resist.. 

17 Replies
YoungAtHeart

YES! 

EVERY time you triumph, a few more of those brain sensors die!  You are also learning new ways to deal with stress and as you get better at it and don't smoke,  MORE of them die! 

I am PROUD of you, Zak (and those sensors are having a rough time of it!!!!)!

Zak1314

Thank you I'm trying..

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Every time you are thrown a curve and an urge comes and you don’t smoke, you get stronger and Nico gets weaker.  Remember many people put a tv stand together and have frustrations and are not smokers.  The best thing is wait and try again on another day to put the stand together.  Like Nancy I am Proud of you too Zak....Zak1314 

~ Colleen 

Zak1314

Thank you so much.  

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Continue to resist.  It will get better.  Each time you say no and do not smoke you become stronger. 

indingrl

Zak1314

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

You did great not smoking through the frustration.  I get it.  Those are the kinds of things that make me think of smoking for some reason even though I know it won't help. 

Barb

maryfreecig

In the big picture, we know that frustration is no reason to smoke. In the moment, a frustration can feel too big! You dealt with the moment and your frustration beautifully!!! Keep up the good work.