cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maki

Why do I have to login each time I visit the site?

Why do I keep having to re log in . Any way that  I don't have to do that every time I come . Thanks . 

Tags (1)
8 Replies
marciem

Hi Maki .... best I could find is this How do I stay logged in? .  It is three years old.  Essentially says that this site doesn't have a "stay logged in" function, but it is a function of your particular browser.  I've found that when I clear my cache (I use Chrome), I am logged out, but between clearings I don't have to log in when I come here.

Maki

Yes having the browser save your password is probably the easiest way to go.  For security purposes we need to have you logged out after so much time of inactivity.  But your browser's password manager should help improve the experience. Once you login to the site, the major browsers will ask you want to save the login information unless you have turned that function off or you have told it to not remember the password for a particular site. In that case it will stop asking and you'll have to manually ask it too. Also if you have saved password and you update it it should ask you to update the password if it detects that password has changed or you login with a new password. 

If you provide the browser you're using I might be able to direct you on how to save your password to the site to improve your experience but we'll not be adding any login functionality. Privacy and security is important to us. That being said it is a careful balance between a good user experience while still paying attention to security.  If you are using a public computer or a shared computer we don't recommend saving your password to your browser unless you have unique logins or you use a password manager application like LastPass or something similar which require authentication before you can access saved passwords.

marciem‌ great job on finding and sharing that post!

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Maki

Thanks Marciem 

Giulia

My experience is the same as Marciem.   "I've found that when I clear my cache (I use Chrome), I am logged out, but between clearings I don't have to log in when I come here."

Yep same for me and I also use Chrome. 

Giulia wrote:

My experience is the same as Marciem.   "I've found that when I clear my cache (I use Chrome), I am logged out, but between clearings I don't have to log in when I come here."

That is to be expected. When you do that you clear the cookies and information the browser knows about you to access the site more seamlessly.  Essentially it clears all the known information about you and would require you to login again.  You can choose to store this in your browser. Some browsers have the option to store the information until you shut down the browser at which time it might flush that out of the temporary files. You'd have to login again next time you came to the site when you restart the browser and come back to the site. The password manager in the browser should at least help you get back on the site however unless you happened to clear the email address/username and the password when the cache was cleared.  Please note that also some browsers will ask you if you want to save the username but not the password.  Because this is a health related website we don't provide the option to save the username or remember the login info right on the page.

Mark

EX Community Admin Team
Maki

Got it k it's working thanks everyone . 

Giulia

Personally I don't have my computer remember ANY of my passwords.  No password manager has my passwords.  Nor are they on the cloud.  I have a list of them on paper.  Real simple.  And much better protected from hackers - to my mind.