cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ncooper17

Milestones!

Hi Everyone!

I had such a positive experience posting here the last time so I decided to post again, but on a more positive note! On June 20th it will be a month without vaping and I am feeling pretty strong right now. So far during this journey I have learned so much about myself and I can not wait to learn more. I noticed that most of the hard parts come in waves and I just need to push through those tough spots, but once I am through I feel great.

I have been using patches as my NRT and they have definitely helped me. Today I got my new patches in the mail with a lower dose of nicotine and earlier today I realized how excited I actually was about lowering the dose of nicotine! I can not wait until I make it to step 3 and then free from nicotine! Last night my Dad and I were looking at photos from a trip we took to Arizona and I remember how happy I was without nicotine and I want to feel that again. I am feeling so confident in myself and I just wanted to share it with all of you! If I can quit, anyone can! 

Thanks for reading,

Natasha

Tags (2)
6 Replies
YoungAtHeart

AND  - once you beat this addiction, you will feel as though there is NOTHING you can't do - and that is a wonderful feeling!!!

SO glad to hear it's going well.  You are experiencing the journey as I have often described it - a roller coaster ride with ups and downs and twists and turns.  Enjoy the ups and get through the rest!

MarilynH

You are sounding great and you are doing super fantastic with your awesome quit journey congratulations on your upcoming 1 month milestone and counting that's awesome YAY for each and every Day WON with many more milestones to come you've got this......

sweetplt

ncooper17 Natasha Congratulations on 1 month of Freedom...that is super.  I am glad you are confident, but please stay vigilant and be sure to read “No Man’s Land” https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2011/05/24/no-mans-land-days-30-to130-appr... ... keep that positive attitude going ... and keep close to us ... and Enjoy the Freedom...~ Colleen...

elvan

You sound GREAT & that description of craves coming in waves is perfect! CONGRATULATIONS

Ellen

Hooray! Congratulations! You're well on your way to Freedom!

Barbscloud

Congrats on your upcoming celebration of one month nicotine free.   What an accomplishment to be proud of and to celebrate.  Do something special for yourself to mark the event.  You sound like you're doing great and I'm happy the patches are helping with your quit journey.  As Colleen suggested, read about No Man's Land--it's was real for many of us so be prepared.   Look forward to hearing from you again.

Barb