cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Zak1314

10 weeks no cigarette.  I know I've said this before but I really wish the anxiety wasn't coming up every now and again.. And the feeling like my breaths are light but I'm breathing .. And this cough is annoying. But I know eventually it will get better.. Someone told me after 5 yrs of him not smoking he still gets anxiety attacks.  Wow. What smoking can do to your body ..

Tags (1)
6 Replies
sweetplt

Hi Zak1314 good to see you post...10 weeks quit is good...have you had the cough checked out?...just to be safe...

You keep saying NOPE and hang in there...Colleen 560 DOF 

Barbscloud

Big congrats on 10 weeks.  That is fabulous.  I agree with Colleen about getting the cough checked out.  Better safe than sorry.

So happy for you.

Barb

YoungAtHeart

10 weeks is HUGE!  Not EVERYTHING was caused by smoking, and nothing was cured by it - so it's good you stopped!  If the anxiety is something that is interfering with your life enjoyment, do speak to a doctor about it.  There are lots of things that you can do to help.  I know EXERCISE helps....at least it does for me.

Good to see you!

Nancy

maryfreecig

Congratulations on 10 weeks! Major victory for you.  Anxiety is a real pain in the neck but it too can be dealt with one step at a time. Great job! 

0 Kudos
Christine13

Great work on 10 weeks quit Zak.  I'm sorry about all the anxiety.  You might actually feel calmer as you go along.

0 Kudos
PrimeNumberJD

Awesome, great job and keep it up!  Regular exercise may help ward off anxiety. Obviously, talk to your doctor and know your body,  but we have a discussion set up for just getting up and moving and to keep tabs on each other, if it is an option it may help!

0 Kudos