cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

SimplySheri

Confessions

~~Connection: The energy that exists between people when the feel seen, heard, and valued; when they can give and receive without judgment; and when they derive sustenance and strength from the relationship.~~  Brene Brown

That's why I love this site!!  Connections.  Feeling valued.  Sharing stories.  Supporting each other.  But, I have a confession to make.  No laughter, please, and no judgment.

I don't know some of your names.  Your user name, yes.  But your given name, no.  Does it matter? You don't have to share that and some choose not to.  That's ok.  I can call you @kath2092bid.  I can call you @momanddadsmoketoo.  But sometimes it's nice to say, "Hi, Nancy!"  or "Wonderful news, Terry!"  or "How you feeling, Larry?"

So, I'll start.  My name is Sheri.  Dancingthrulife is my user ID because at that time, a friend told me that it looked like I was dancing though life.  

How did you chose you user name?  If you want to share, what's your first name?  And you can even share something about yourself if you want to.  

71 Replies
MarilynH

Nice post Sheri

SimplySheri

Thanks, Marilyn

sweetplt

Hi Sheri SimplySheri 

I have had my user name along time...it is sweetp however, there are so many sweetp’s I had to add more to the mix and the lt (stood for a condo I lived at during that time.  When I first met My husband he called me sweetp and it stuck...my name in my 3D world...is Colleen ... I was the only daughter named by my father.  He wanted an Irish girl’s name...

Neat post...Happy Sunday ... Colleen 559 DOF 

SimplySheri

Aww, those are the sweetest stories.  And I love the name Colleen!!

Jennifer-Quit

Mine should be pretty easy - it is Jennifer 

SimplySheri

Hi, pretty Jennifer

YoungAtHeart

I think most here know I am Nancy, and I LOVE that Frank Sinatra song (even though it WAS a bit before my time - not much - but a bit!)

SimplySheri

Nancy, my youngest son lives Frank Sinatra!!  

YoungAtHeart

He has good taste in music AND in Moms!!!