cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

SuzyQ411

THOSE DARN CRAVINGS

Well, guys, for the past 2-3 days I have been struggling with increased cravings. I think it's a delayed reaction to the disruptive faction setting fires and commiting massive looting. And the potential threat of calling in the National guard and active military to subdue the protestors. I do need to say, however, that I support the peaceful demonstrators and their cause. But it's the destructive bunch which is playing havoc with my mind. All of this, in addition to ongoing covid 19 concerns, has plopped worry and anxiety into my lap. I have therefore chosen to take a break from Facebook and also national newscasts. I have also chosen to up my nico-gum if needed. I am hanging tightly onto my small wooden cross, and seeking relief where I can find it. One example of my relief is prayer. Another is music that calms me, such as this: OFFICIAL Somewhere over the Rainbow - Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwoʻole - YouTube 

1 Reply
sweetplt

Hi Suzy SuzyQ411 I am feeling the same and doing the same thing...no news and no facebook...so tired of hype...take care of You Suzy...prayer is good and when you can, sit outside and enjoy some of nature...smoking won’t help any of these situations, I know you know this...so for now I am lifting you up in prayer...~ I get it...Happy Thursday Colleen 549 DOF 

0 Kudos