cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Giulia

The Daily Pledge JUNE 2020

Commitment

"Just stick to your commitment and be here DAILY!!! It can't be here and there. It will NEVER work that way!"(Shawn)

Your quit must take priority in your life. Especially in the beginning. It can't be a casual trying. It must be an active DOING. Part of that DOING is making a daily pledge. It’s a little piece of commitment glue that helps to make your quit sticky and holds you, like magnetic shoes in outer space, to your non smoking path. It’s a great tool to have in your Quit Kit. And all you have to say is “Today, I will not smoke.” Thinking in terms of “forever” can be rather daunting, so - just pledge - for today.  One day at a time.  That's how quits are built.  Seriously.  Whether it's a silent commitment you make to yourself, or a public one here on this pledge page.  They're both a promise from that Best of you to keep listening to that Best of you.  And we're here to hold your hand and pledge with you if you want to do it publicly.  Whether you've a week quit or 14 years quit - we're each holding the promise of commitment made in each other's hands.  It's precious.  It's a strong chain of honor. Don't take it lightly.  

Here's to strength and perseverance!  May you be forever free!

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.
  3. You've made your pledge.  Come back tomorrow and pledge again.
  4. Check out this handy quit calendar to calculate your DOF!  EX Quit Calculator or check out My Quit Plan

=============================== 

The Daily Promises (in honor of Jim Taddeo who posted this back in 2009) 

Promises  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/Jim_Taddeo-blog/2009/07/23/here-is-something-i-have-found-b...

Sunday’s Promise: Faith

My faith and my gratitude for all that I have been blessed with will shine through in my attitudes and in my actions. 

Monday's Promise: Responsibility

I will take complete responsibility for my health, my happiness, my success, and my life, and will not blame others for my problems or predicaments.

Tuesday’s Promise: Accountability and Self Love

I will not allow low self-esteem, self-limiting beliefs, or the negativity of others to prevent me from achieving my authentic goals and from becoming the person I am meant to be. 

Wednesday’s Promise: Determination

I will do the things I’m afraid to do, but which I know should be done. Sometimes this will mean asking for help to do that which I cannot do by myself. 

Thursday’s Promise: Contribution

I will earn the help I need in advance by helping other people now, and repay the help I receive by serving others later. 

Friday’s Promise: Resilience

I will face rejection and failure with courage, awareness, and perseverance, making these experiences the platform for future acceptance and success. 

Saturday’s Promise: Perspective

Though I might not understand why adversity happens, by my conscious choice I will find strength, compassion, and grace through my trials. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
416 Replies
Giulia

I take SuzyQ411 's hand from last night and promise to not smoke this day.  And I offer my other hand to the next person who aims to be free.....  5,205 smoke free days and counting......

Karen333

Good Morning Giulia, I shall take your hand and pledge not to smoke today as I extend my other hand to the next ex

DOF 89

sweetplt

Good Monday Morning Karen333 I will gladly take your hand and pledge not to smoke today.  I will offer the other hand out to the next pledge...Colleen 546 DOF 

Kkplayhouse

Happy June I pledge no smoking and offer my other hand to the next exer.

Barbscloud

Good morning Kkplayhouse   I gladly accept your hand and pledge not to smoke today.  Extending my hand to the next Exer pledging.

Barb

811 DOF

Cousin-Itt

Good Morning All 

Thank you for your hand this morning Barbscloud as I pledge No Smoking for me today here in Southwest Ohio

I offer my free hand to the next winner in line

Wishing everyone a safe, enjoyable smoke free Monday

MartyO

Goooood Morning~It's been a while for me to check in. 

Thank you for your hand Cousin-Itt.   I gladly accept it and extend my free hand to the next Ex-er in line with many good wishes.   I'm happy to report that I remain smoke/vape free this day 100 + counting.  

Good vibes to alllllll, 

marty

Mavihoja

Thanks Mark for your hand this morning.  With it I pledge to stay a non-smoker today, and many more...one day, sometimes one hour at a time. I now enthusiastically extend my supportive hand for the next committed pledger!

Many Healthy Blessings,

Michael

TriGirl

I got you, Michael! I promise to stay smoke-free NMW. The world is going crazy, but I will not. I do not need to escape from the world I built. My hand is out for the next EXer to pledge.

Kelly 363 DOF