cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jmbateman69

Has anyone had success with hypnosis for quitting vaping?

I'm so stressed and desperate to quit vaping. It's completely taken control of my life... has anyone had success with hypnosis via YouTube or other resources? PLEASE HELP!!

Tags (1)
9 Replies
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex.   Along with numerous other aids, I tried hypnosis to quit smoking.  The person was recommended be a successful quitter.  I was smoking again in a short time.   I can't blame it on the technique.  There is no magic way to quit--it takes work.  You need to be ready to quit, educate yourself about nicotine addiction and have a quit plan.My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX  I skipped these steps in the past and of course I failed.  In addition to preparation, having the support of this community helped me to be successful.  However you chose to quit, you can do it.

Just reach out.  We're here for you.

Barb

jmbateman69

Thank you so much for your response. I am so ready and very thankful I found this supportive group!!

Sootie

I've never vaped nor have I tried hypnosis. But I did quit smoking over 10 years ago after smoking for many,many years. I credit my successful quit to educating myself about addiction first and then this wonderful community of EX. You CAN quit......we all did and we are no different from you. Stay around, read up on addiction and the things that it does to your brain and body ( I liked whyquit.com but there are lots of sites for educational reading). Here on EX.....post just like you did today and the community will all come and support and help you. This is the BEST site ever for advice, support, encouragement and understanding.

Welcome to EX....we are all here for each other.

Stay Strong.

jmbateman69

I'm seeing the support!!! Very grateful to have found y'all

Giulia

Tried it.  With a real hypnotist.  Did not work for me.  What worked for me was a quit smoking support site, like this one.  Stick around.  Maybe it'll work for you too!  Welcome to the party.

maryfreecig

I hear you about being stressed and desperate to change. But stressing yourself out about quitting only makes it worse. Usually, here at Ex, it is suggested that you learn about nicotine dependency/addiction first. Then or at the same time just about make a quit plan. That may include hypnosis for you, but you still have to be on board with any help by accepting that it is your decision, your willingness to quit.

Ex is here for you every day. Keep learning, keep reading. 

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/people/AnnetteMM/blog/2019/09/08/how-to-quit-juul-or-vaping-in-ge... by Annette--an Exer. 

Before hypnosis, sit yourself down and have a heart to heart talk with yourself. My two cents worth, take what you need, leave the rest.

You definitely can quit. It's been done thousands and thousands of times by people just like you who felt stressed and desperate. We learn to undo our behavior and thinking one day at a time--not all at once--kinda doesn't work that fast. That's why support is so useful--to help take the edge off.

Yes you can.

jmbateman69

It's so frustrating because I've quit smoking.. cold turkey. So why is it so difficult to stop vaping? My kids are all grown, I work in an ER which is stressful most times but still. It's really not the nicotine but rather the hand to mouth that I'm addicted to

maryfreecig

I quit smoking for 2.5 years when I was 25. I was thrilled. But I drank. When I quit drinking I went back to smoking... and I thought it was the lesser of two evils. When I quit smoking 6.5 years ago it was really hard second time around. I was older, had given up on myself and I knew deep down inside that I really would quit...no place to run, no place to hide.

If you have nicotine in the vape it's unlikely that you are not addicted. It's possible, but unlikely. Hand to mouth is an association to the relief of the nicotine--unless you are vaping no nicotine. No matter which way you look at it, it's a dependency that can be broken.

indingrl

and GOOD JOB living a NON SMOKER life style