cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Today, triggers and two people

Hope everyone has had a good smoke free day. I know stress for alot is the big trigger and for me too. I've done well so far. Today was probably the biggest stressor that triggers me, it has two people. I've for the first time been uncomfortable feeling, craving. But I didn't and I'm still stressed lol. Just thought I'd share. Thank y'all so much, you have really helped and made this a more positive experience if that makes sense. Have good night, stay safe.

6 Replies
SuzyQ411

Good job in posting shannon3colbert‌.... wondering how you are doing with that stress? Does deep breathing help relax you? Walking perhaps? Taking a shower? Exercising?

BTW, I just clicked on the looking glass on my home page after typing in "stress" for the search, and found oodles of blog posts under that topic. What do you think about checking them out to see if you find some new ideas for stress busters?

Keep posting and hang in there!

SuzyQ411

Just to clarify as I re-read my post shannon3colbert‌ . you have the same looking glass and articles on your home page as well~

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Good job working with the stress without smoking.  That may just be the number one trigger--I think we're all stressed at some point and we thought smoking alleviated that feeling.  Sharing helps to let you know you're not along.  Keep moving forward.

Barb

maryfreecig

Staying smober while facing the same old triggers means you are doing a great job! Keep it up.

YoungAtHeart

You are relearning your life as an ex-smoker.  Those who never smoked, and those of us who have been quit awhile have learned how to deal with stress, and learning this is part of your journey to freedom.  Make note of what you did and what helped so it can be part of your toolbox for your next triggering time.  You might share it here to help others - just a thought.

Life is always going to happen; how you deal with it tells the tale.  you dealt with it WELL today!  GOOD!

sweetplt

Remember always shannon3colbert the stress will come whether we smoke or not...so the uncomfortable is learning to deal with stress without the smokes...perhaps learn some breathing exercises and/or take a power walk, etc., setting off this endorphins will help with your stress.  Hoping today is a better day...~ Colleen 542 DOF