cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

SuzyQ411

WE MISS YOU

"Canada, we miss you. The border between the US and its northern neighbor will stay closed to nonessential travel for at least another month, according to Canadian PM Justin Trudeau". (CNN)

I am very darned close to the border crossing into the Canadian province of Ontario. Hard to comprehend that I can't just drive over that invisible line like I've done many a' time before....

7 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

Well for me any way, it is hard not doing all the things that I have done all my life - shaking hands,, giving a hug, sharing a drink, sharing a meal,, going to the store, getting a haircut, getting my nails done.  Just really a sad time - hoping and praying that we get back to normal  soon.     

SuzyQ411

I agree Jennifer-Quit‌... there are so many things we are used to doing on a routine basis which are presently not allowed. I am thinking that when all comes to pass and we go back to our usual way of living that we will really appreciate what we now are missing out on. And, hopefully that feeling of "newness" won't wear off. I have heard that beauty salons will be opening soon; that's a good start! 

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Very thoughtful SuzyQ411 Maybe our Canadian Quitters‌ friends feel the same?

karen6 Christine13 steve21 mothergoose9 MarilynH Lady86 Janetsimpson TammyAM Sonyanicolson Corrie86 Kristysuley Strassian-greenwoodkerri2lenna

I'm sure there are more here on EX though these were the one who let us know they live in Canada.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
elvan

It's very odd, I just heard that yesterday.  My son has a friend who came to help care for his father in March and the father died.  The friend lives in Canada with his fiance and now he stuck here and in a gigantic house basically alone.  He grew up here but he LOVES Canada.

Soon...I think things are going to open up soon but we are doing our part to keep things under control.  I heard today that wearing masks is 75% safer and that the number of first responders and medical staff who got infected is very low because they were protected.  We don't have those masks for "civilians" and there are a NUMBER of people who refuse to wear them anyways.  I don't go anywhere so I'm safe.

Ellen

MarilynH

I'm just seeing your post SuzyQ411,  I've got the Maine border just a couple miles away from me then we've got the Quebec and the Nova Scotia Maine and Quebec still have many new cases daily and I think NS is finally flattening the curve all of these borders are closed right now my brother in law has stage 4 kidney cancer but has to be treated in the States because he worked there for several years and has insurance through the company his wife,Marks sister isn't allowed to go over since he's still able to travel himself so he quarantine both ways when he travels it's a real frig but hopefully life will get to semi normal soon.

0 Kudos
SuzyQ411

Oh Marilyn MarilynH‌. such a sad state of affairs. When decisions are made it's generally not possible to see what negative and unplanned events will occur as a result. The situation with your brother-in-law is a prime example! I, too, am hopeful "life will get to semi-normal soon." We just have to hold on and keep praying~

MarilynH