cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MarilynH

(: Happy Mothers Day Weekend to all Moms :)

Mothers day for alot of us is bittersweet my Mom passed away 8 years ago on the 26th of January 3 days after her 72nd birthday I helped my Dad settle her into a Manor after she'd  been in the hospital for almost 5 months she had so many health issues Dads health was suffering I helped in every way I could my Mum was on oxygen 7/24 for the last year or so of her Life she quit smoking 6 years before she passed after she broke her hip, I was with her when she passed away I sent Dad home that evening because I was worried about him not realizing that she'd be gone that night  a nurse woke me up at 2 in the morning and listened to her heart and pronounced her gone I remember just standing there dumfounded looking at my Mom. This is going to be a totally different kind of Mothers day for everyone this year

here's a picture of my Mum, Mason and I at the Manor my daughter Mandy took the picture it's the last one taken it was18 days before she died, I love the expression on her face I'd been chasing Mason up and down the hallways..... he wore himself out so we turned the TV on for him it was a wonderful visit especially with Mandy and Mason with me.

15889810072261445309592.jpg

Tags (1)
12 Replies
elvan

What a beautiful photograph & story of your mon’s passing. My mom has been gone for a long time now, 18 years. She was 79 & her daughters & granddaughters & one grandson were all with her. I have been with many people when they passed but being with my mother was unforgettable. The one grandson who was there was killed in an accident several years later. I like to think they are together. Both of them had the ability to make me laugh until l cried.  He was my sister’s son, l cannot imagine that loss. Happy Mother’s Day to you & ALL of us lucky enough to have that title.

♥Ellen 

MarilynH

Thank you sweetie huge hug coming your way BUT very gentle.

sweetplt

MarilynH Ah I remember you sharing this picture last year Marilyn...I love it...Thank you for sharing such a wonderful and sad time...I was feeling sad that I can’t see my mom for Mother’s Day...then I read your post and know I have to be grateful because at least I can talk to her on the phone...Your post helped me a lot, so my dear Marilyn...a very Happy Mother’s Day Weekend to YOU....

Sending a gentle hug...xoxoxoxo Colleen 

MarilynH

Mandolinrain

What a beautiful memory. So special, so sweet. Have a beautiful weekend dear one. Love and hugs to you

Also, Happy Mothers DaY to you one Mommas and grandmas and step Mammas/grandmas. Your ALL special, so enjoy your day

MarilynH

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Happy Mother's Day to all.  I also miss my mother ( along with much of my family) who passed at 97.  I had the opportunity to take care of her for several years before she passed.  I don't have any children, but that was by choice.  But I've always been the mother to many wonderful pets and I have gotten some wonderful mother's day gifts from them over the years.  I don't know how they got those credit cards.   I continue to celebrate all holidays in my own way.

I hope those that are separated from their mother's right now, will be able to reconnect soon.  I couldn't imagine being separated from mine. 

Barb

PS  High winds and it's snowing again!

MarilynH

Happy Mothers day to you too Barb our furbabies are our babies too my furbaby Samantha Digger Jane Hartley always got me gifts and cards for every occasion I miss her but at least I had her for over 16 years here's a picture I'm going to take of what it looks like ugh! Grrrrr on our snow.....Merry Christmas Barbscloud Oops I mean happy Mother's day to you and to everyone reading this.

15890351465772080212563.jpg

elvan

Happy Mother’s Day Barbscloud‌, hope your day is lovely.

Ellen