cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ralph1955

7 Weeks Stay at Home

Another Good Morning to you all. Today is my 7th week home; 7 weeks without seeing Mom, 7 weeks since my business was closed and 7 weeks that all of us had our lives turned upside down.  I'm hoping everyone is coping with this mess and continuing on the wonderful journey of NOPE.  Hard as it may be I'm surprised that I haven't heard from the Nico-Demon urging me to smoke.  If I'm not smoking now I never will again.  I passed the test.

So what's new.  Not a thing.  I rarely venture out because so many people refuse to wear a mask and ignore so many of the guidelines; especially distancing and that pisses me off to no end. Common Sense went out the window.  I go to my salon twice a week to check on things and it's sad to see an empty salon.  Our Governor began to reopen most of Florida but 3 counties, Palm Beach, Broward and Dade did not make the Phase 1 list. I'm in Palm Beach county.  I do not see my salon opening for another month and yet I continue to pay my landlord rent and pay my bills.  I had to swallow my pride and start a go-fund-me page on Facebook and some clients and friends donated.  Don't get me started on the government who have done so little for small businesses. They truly let us down.

My days are Long.  I walk the dog, watch TV and take walks or a bike ride. 7 days a week.  Like the rest of you I'm Over it all and want my life back.  I want to see Mom and I want, I want, I want...….  Other than that, it could be a lot worse and for so many it is.  Healthcare workers are exhausted and at their breaking point and my heart goes out to them.  Prayer helps. 

Love ya all

53 Replies
sweetplt

Hi Ralph...glad you came here and let out your feelings...we are all in the same boat...my area is still in lockdown...prayers are good...and I am sorry you are so down...sending a prayer out to you...~ Colleen 

YoungAtHeart

This is tough on us ALL.  You might add a YouTube exercise or yoga video to your daily regimen.  Exercise will ALWAYS make you feel better, and unless your dog is especially well trained, your walks are more of a meander!

Glad to see you! Do keep in touch!

Nancy

green1611

Bravo. NOPE.. In this time of uncertainty, NOPE helps. 

Hope things will change to normal sooner.

nice post.

AnnetteMM

The days are SUPER long, that's for sure! Walking the dog and riding the bike sound pretty good.

I cannot imagine getting my lungs full of crap on top of all this other crap going on.

I hope you're able to keep your salon. 

Much love.

Barbscloud

Hi Ralph.  I still feel bad for anyone that can't visit their parents.  What a nightmare.

We're you able to get a small business loan?  I can't believe pastedImage_2.jpg some of these larger companies even applied for them. 

How about unemployment?  I just helped someone in PA that's self-employed.  Had to wait to apply because they didn't have a process in place for self-employed previously.   But once the form was available (2 1/2 weeks ago), he heard yesterday he was approved.  We entered weekly claims for 7 weeks this morning.

Glad you got some help from your clients.  I believe many of us think are hair stylists are pretty special.  Salons aren't open here yet, but probably shouldn't be.  Same here with some countries opening more businesses.  These are tough decisions.  Peoples lives or the economy?

Hope everything works out with the salon and big congrats on keeping your quit under all this stress.

Hugs 

Barb

Ralph1955

Thanks for the nice words. I couldn’t get a PPP loan for my salon because my employees are all 1099 employees. I was able to get a PPP loan for myself but have to pay it back within two years. Applied for unemployment the first week of April still no word. Other than my go fund me page, the stimulus check from the government, And now the PPP loan I’m able to keep my head above water for maybe two more months. If we’re not open by July all the moneys gone along with my business. Keep saying prayers

SuzyQ411

Saying a prayer for you right now Ralph1955‌ that yourunemployment will be approved and that your business  will survive these tough times. I see by your profile that you are almost two years quit, so hang in there; it would be a travesty to lose your quit! 

Barbscloud

Hope it all works out.   I don't even know anyone who's received a stimulus check yet.  Stay close.  There is comfort knowing that other's support us.

Barb

Mandolinrain

So great to see you Ralph, we all love you ......all will get back to normal in time. Come visit us here more to help pass the time  Stay well