cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

amber6

Finally ready to do it!

Hi, I am Amber, divorced mom to 19 month old Kain. I started smoking when I was around fifteen, was able to quit when I was pregnant, but for some reason about two months after I had him, I started right back up again. I am finally ready to quit for good, but I am terrified I won't be able to do it. My neighbor Jodi is my best friend, and when we hang out is usually while our kids are outside playing and we are smoking cigarettes watching them, or the two of us hanging out outside relaxing after the kids go to bed. I am worried that one night when she goes out for a smoke I won't be able to resist and I will just bum one off of her. I have been cutting back lately and have realized how my body goes into withdrawals if I am even a little off schedule with my smoking. I never realized it was that bad until I broke the schedule. Its like my body goes in to panic mode...which sends me into a panic of "how am I going to do this" even though I know that I WANT to quit and I WILL quit. I set my quit date as April 30th. And I can already tell I am going to need alot of support. All of my friends smoke, none of my family does, but I don't have a single friend who doesn't smoke. Any advice on how to be able to relax outside with Jodi but NOT light up?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
amber6

I talked to Jodi and she wants to quit too, but ran into the same problems as I did in the past (still wanting to hang out and relax but not knowing how to do it when the other is still smoking) so maybe this time we will both be successful!
0 Kudos
charlo

I just joined and want to quit also.How long do you have to track you cigs before you more likely to be successful?Do you think smoking aids will help?
0 Kudos
amber6

I have been tracking since around the beginning of this month in a notepad, but hardly ever on here. I don't know, personally I can't afford them so I am going to have to do it cold turkey.
0 Kudos