cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Giulia

The Daily Pledge May 2020

Azalea Pink2.JPG

Happy May everyone, welcome to theMay Daily Pledge where we meet every day to take another person's hand and strengthen our commitment, say "Yes" to "I CAN and I will persevere no matter what!"

PLEDGE  - DEFINITION

"a solemn promise or undertaking"
verb form: "commit ... by a solemn promise".
"something given as security for the performance of act"

What promises that you've made have you fulfilled in your life? Any? Several?

What commitments that you've made have you honored? Do you honor them still?

What have you given as assurance for the performance of this pledge you've committed to?  Anything?  Everything?

I wrote a little about quit tokens in   /blogs/Giulia-blog/2013/09/10/how-precious-is-your-quit?sr=search&searchId=f7e3501c-8b9d-4d04-ae72-0...

How precious is YOUR quit?  How dedicated your commitment?  How solemn is your promise?  Are there allowances in your commitment, reasons why you can't or are unable to fulfill your pledge? (Pssst - reasons are just excuses.)  If so, perhaps those are things to think about and take a special look at.  Especially if this isn't your first attempt at this quitting thing.

Quitting takes a certain amount of interior work. I've found that the "self" I call ‘me’ and identify with has changed over time with experience. That "self" that was a smoker is now a foreigner to me.  And I'm glad of it.

Experience really IS the greatest teacher. And quitting is an ongoing learning experience.

Study well.  Learn much.  Grow much.  Whether you're a newcomer pledging or an Elder with years smoke free, the pledge - the commitment - is no less important nor potent.

May you be forever free.

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.pagination.png
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.
  3. You've made your pledge.  Come back tomorrow and pledge again.
  4. Check out this handy quit calendar to calculate your DOF!  EX Quit Calculator or check out My Quit Plan

=============================== 

The Daily Promises (in honor of Jim Taddeo who posted this back in 2009) 

Promises  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/Jim_Taddeo-blog/2009/07/23/here-is-something-i-have-found-b...

Sunday’s Promise: Faith

My faith and my gratitude for all that I have been blessed with will shine through in my attitudes and in my actions. 

Monday's Promise: Responsibility

I will take complete responsibility for my health, my happiness, my success, and my life, and will not blame others for my problems or predicaments.

Tuesday’s Promise: Accountability and Self Love

I will not allow low self-esteem, self-limiting beliefs, or the negativity of others to prevent me from achieving my authentic goals and from becoming the person I am meant to be. 

Wednesday’s Promise: Determination

I will do the things I’m afraid to do, but which I know should be done. Sometimes this will mean asking for help to do that which I cannot do by myself. 

Thursday’s Promise: Contribution

I will earn the help I need in advance by helping other people now, and repay the help I receive by serving others later. 

Friday’s Promise: Resilience

I will face rejection and failure with courage, awareness, and perseverance, making these experiences the platform for future acceptance and success. 

Saturday’s Promise: Perspective

Though I might not understand why adversity happens, by my conscious choice I will find strength, compassion, and grace through my trials. 

Labels (1)
439 Replies
Giulia

I promise to remain true to my commitment to be smoke free. No matter what! I offer my hand in strength and hope to the next person who so desires freedom from this addiction and who is willing to make that pledge of commitment - just for today.

jmuzik

Thanks Giulia for your hand.  I promise to remain smoke free today.  I offer my free hand to the next in line.  God save us all!

Kkplayhouse

Good morning everyone I pledge no smoking and accept your hand Jmuzik. I'm extending my other hand to the next exer to pledge with us. DOF 462

Cousin-Itt

Good 1st of May Morning All

Thank you for your hand Kkplayhouse‌ as I pledge no smoking for me today here in Southwest Ohio and I offer my free hand to the next winner in line

Wishing everyone a safe enjoyable smoke free Friday

sweetplt

Beautiful Giulia just like you...Thank you ...

Good Friday morning Cousin-Itt Carl, I will gladly take your hand and pledge not to smoke today.  I will offer my other hand out to the next pledge.  Colleen 515 DOF 

Barbscloud

Good morning sweetplt   I gladly accept your hand and pledge not to smoke today.  Extending my hand to the next Exer pledging.

Barb

780 DOF

blakesgigi

Good morning Barb and thanks for your hand!  I accept it and pledge just for today not to smoke, NOPE.  Here's my other hand for the next up:)

Gigi

D 24

minihorses

Good morning blakesgigi‌ and thanks for your hand.  Congratulations on 24 days and I'll be happy to pledge another nicotine free day with you.  I offer my other hand to the next person to pledge their NO MORE FOR TODAY.

Julie   597 DOF

Maki

Thanks for the hand of support . Confused here this morning so many pledge posts . I pledge not to smoke today and extend my hand to the next