cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

blakesgigi

Biggest trigger of all....

So quitting during a pandemic may seem crazy to some but it was what I had to do.  Just found out that my son, who still smokes, is in town and will be staying with me tonight. Yep, you guessed it, he is a trigger for me and I always used to smoke with him, bumming butts of course.  Because we all know that when you "bum" a butt, well that doesn't count; you aren't really smoking (junkie thinkin' at it's best!)  That is what I used to tel myself.  Yes, he knows I have quit and will not be smoking. I just wanted to post here so you guys have my back and I know I can come here for support.  Just typing this makes all the difference, really:)  

NOPE

One puff away from a pack a day

16 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Knowing there is no such thing to an addict as "just one" is halfway to winning that battle.  Glad he won't be smoking.  If he triggers you, come here and vent.  We will always have your back!

Nancy

maryfreecig

Great review of the challenge you face...and commitment to face it. Every time we face stuff rather than run we grow a bit more confidence. Yes you can.  

sweetplt

Have a plan and a be an example...tell your son he must smoke outside away from you...he will respect your decision....and then by not smoking you are leading my example and you may see that he smokes less...You can do this...and I am sending the vibes your way....Happy Monday ~ Colleen 518 DOF 

Barbscloud

We're here for you.  Just reach out if you need us.

Barb

AnnetteMM

I'm so sorry his visit will be marred by the tobacco stink

Stay strong!

Sootie

Yes---we have your back. Maybe he will be so proud of his Mama it will inspire him to quit!

blakesgigi

Doubtful but I really hope he considers it. Made it thru the night w barely a crave!! 

Barbscloud

Yea!

Barb

SuzyQ411

I am proud of you for taking a stand blakesgigi‌.. I heat what you are saying about your son's being a trigger for you. I agree that having him smoke outside is the best of all solutions including your doing a lot of deep breathing and also praying-- if that is something you do. You've come too far~ almost ONE MONTH, wahoo! ~ to go back to Day One!   Stay strong. We have your back! deep breathe icon.gif