cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Zak1314

Anxiety

Been having anxiety wishing that I didn't.. 

18 Replies
Maki

Where is your anxiety coming from , from quitting smoking or with covid or both ? 

Can you take some deep breaths . 

Try this 

Inhale calm and slowly exhale the anxiety . You can do it.

Inhale calmness , exhale the anxiety ... let it go . Again . Breathe in ....... exhale . 

If you are feeling an anxiety of 10 do that until you bring it down to a manageable number . You are in control . Inhale peace , slowly exhale  the anxiety away ..... feel yourself relaxing .  

Congrats on your quit . I think from your profile you've just nicely quit . You will find some anxious moments but you can handle them .  You are doing great . Keep going . 

Zak1314

Maybe the anxiety is from the stress and the unforeseen of the covid as well as the quit both together is really stressful.. I've been doing the breathing techniques and I do feel a lil better but my mind races .I'm so trying and I know it will get better with time me quitting just wish anxiety wasn't one of the symptoms of quitting..

Maki

I'm glad you are feeling a bit better . Keep practising the breathing . You can take control of the anxiety . It's understandable your mind is racing but in doing this excersise consistantly when you feel anxious you will soon learn how to calm yourself and relax . Do it even if you are not feeling anxious , feel your whole body just relax into itself . Focus on a place you love , imagine the perfect song the beautiful rippling water. Create yourself in thought a safe place free from anxiety . 

You are dong great . The things you are going through are unpleasant but normal . You are on the right track . Cheering you on . 

Zak1314

Thank you so much ! I'm going to start with the meditation today. 

sweetplt

Have you tried any of the techniques offered to you from the other post you wrote about anxiety??? Maki Maki above me has given you a good activity to try when you have the anxiety.  I am glad you came here Zak1314 , I hate that you are having the anxiety.  Try and stay calm and again try my breathing exercises...

pastedImage_3.png... be sure to look up things you can do when it comes about...if it continues, you may want to call and speak to your Doctor and see what he/she suggests...sending out a prayer right now for you....~ Colleen 513 DOF 

Zak1314

Thank you so much for your recommendations.. I really feel good having people behind me that can calm my nerves down from this quitting. 

YoungAtHeart

I'm curious - have you tried any of the things we have suggested for you?  I am so sorry you continue to suffer so.  If you have tried what we given you, perhaps a call to your doctor is in order?

Nancy

Zak1314

I tried the breathing techniques.  And today I will start meditating. 

RoseH

I know how anxiety can mess you up...  This COVID-19 virus is doing a good job on me.  However, there are ways to control or lessen anxiety and you can find many articles on the Internet regarding “how to reduce stress or anxiety” and the answers can be copied and pasted so that you can you them again...  Verywellmind.com is a great source of this type of helpful information.

Come here and post for help and read posts...  Having support is very helpful and will help calm you...   We are All here to help each other.  And, that, is a wonderful thing!