cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

avian3

I admire all you going through the process of quitting at this time

Whether it be contemplating quitting in the near future, first few days, weeks, month or years you have a lot of strength. I can honestly say if I just began to quit, I would put it off until the virus was over. One of my many excuse I used over the years.

I have not been able to get a mask for nearly 6 weeks. I made one but the constant and touching my face was not a help. I FINALLY got a notice I would receive them tomorrow. I was on cloud 9 knowing I can finally get out in public since they are mandatory here. But then I looked n the mirror and noticed after tripping over a rug in my clunky, orthopedic slippers a few days ago having to wear  for cavus deformity in my left feet, I caught those clunkers under a rug and fell flat on my face.Only last month after seeing my doctor I told those shoes are going to be the death of me if I ever trip and fall

There was only a bruise on my forehead but today the blood moved above my eyebrow and into the eyelid. This is my first black purple eye so I freaked .

I guess that means another four weeks in isolation unless I wear a beanie and large sunglasses.

Just a personal rant.

Things could be so much worse.  No matter what crazy thing you do at home, just remember DON'T SMOKE!! It will absolutely make nothing better.

8 Replies
sweetplt

Hi avian3 sorry about your fall...this happened to me about 2 years ago...be sure to put lots of ice on the area...it will help...and if you are concerned at all, please call your Doctor.  I wore my sunglasses a lot when I had the black eye...my poor hubs ... people gave him dirty looks...lol ... he is so kind and gentle...

Be safe and be well...and yes...keep the quit ... it won’t change quarantine... Colleen 513 DOF 

avian3

Thank you! I can cover the eye with the sunglasses but I have it above my eyebrow which they don't hide. I am

practicing with my too long bangs to cover that.

Anyway my only outing will be the dentist on Friday and I will immediately explain "the elephant in the room" so they don't report me as a domestic violence victim as they are encouraging people to do at this time.

Barbscloud

I really commend people who have quit now.   Sorry to hear about your fall.  If they let us back out, don't let that stop you.   At this point, who cares.

Barb  

YoungAtHeart

Nobody will look at you askance in the current environment.  Choose a sunny day, wear those sunglasses, and put some makeup on any place that still shows    YOU need to get out, so do!   There are no fashion police currently working!!!

(I might add how lucky you are that you fell and didn't break anything.  With osteoporosis, I break something EVERY time I fall, so it could be worse!). 

Do get out and about!  It will do a world of good for you!!!

Nancy

marciem

(((Jan)) so sorry about the fall!!  I'm so glad nothing broke, that can be so dangerous.  BE CAREFUL!!  Sheesh!  You do need to get out at least a little,  and a black eye is the least of your worries... like Nancy said, wear sunglasses, its always sunny where you are!   .     

Yep, I surely do admire the newbies who are starting or maintaining a young quit now, the anxiety of quitting plus the anxiety and boredom of lockdown has to be horrendous.   I'm glad I/we are past that and can find something different to vent about  .

avian3

Thank you, Marcie!

0 Kudos
elvan

You poor thing. I have had more than one black eye in my life, never due to domestic violence, just stupid accidents. People never asked me but they always gave my husband dirty looks. The last black eye l had was from opening the car door into my face...told you they were stupid accidents.

I sure wouldn’t let it keep me home. 
Ellen

avian3

Your right! I will make an effort to got out but I doubt my husband will go with me or at least stay 30 ft. away from me.