cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

blakesgigi

So frickin' tired??

If I remember correctly the first time I quit, back in 1998..(seriously, I've been doing this dance that darn long...this is ridiculous!)...I remember being very sleepy all the time and was told this is a GOOD sign that the body is healing itself.  It probably doesn't help that we are all on lock down and basically confined to our homes too.  Anyway, just throwing it out there to see if other folks are or had experienced severe sleepiness early in their quit.  Thanks. 

8 Replies
YoungAtHeart

I had surgery shortly after my quit, so the early days are blurred by that.  I HAVE read, though, that folks can be extremely tired.  The opposite can also be true - some people have insomnia.

Given a choice, I think I would take the sleepiness!!!

It will pass; just hang in there!

Slowonder

I felt exhausted for two weeks after I quit. I'm almost 8 weeks in and still feel sleepier than usual but it's gotten so much better. 

sweetplt

I too experienced utter exhaustion for a few weeks when I first quit...but then I started to up my ante and got down to exercising and doing...so I could raise my feelings of exhaustion...however, I did sleep very good...think of it as a good thing, but eventually get out and walk and exercise, clean etc.,...I do think people are feeling quarantine tiredness....so you are getting it doubled...you are doing super...keep it going...~ Colleen 513 DOF 

beazel

I am an insomniac, so I didn't have that experience.

I did however feel like a zombie, probably because I noticed how much I didn't sleep.

maryfreecig

If I could have slept for my early quit, I would have. I was wide eyed and very aware of my quit. Ex is a great community for getting smober and staying that way--it will be here for you 365. Yes you can do this one day at a time.

elvan

Sleepiness or inability to sleep are both pretty common at the beginning. I think it’s part of the detoxifying process. The current lockdown doesn’t help. Stay close to the site, remember that this is a journey & we are all here to help in any way that we can.

Ellen

Sootie

I think many people would admit to a sort of foggy feeling....that could be described as sleepy or tired....is common in the first weeks of a quit. I know I felt that way for about a month. And you are right......the lockdown probably isn't helping things. BUT---you CAN do this! We all did and we are o different from you. It is one of the best decisions you will EVER make.......

Stay Strong.

Barbscloud

I didn't sleep more than usual early in my quit.  I had to stay busy and keep moving.  Our bodies can react differently and what you describe is very common.  Keep moving forward.

Barb