cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

minihorses

Idea For Small Businesses

I have had an idea roaming around in my crazy head for small business owners that have had to close their doors due to the corona virus.  I'd like some feedback on it and if it seems like a good idea I'd love for it to be posted on social media or other sites. 

While your business is closed how about painting the inside yourself and/or with help of family or volunteers (require masks and social distancing practices as needed)?  Items on walls would have to come down and they can be cleaned up.  If there are carpets they could be cleaned too with a rented steam cleaner or even one bought at the store.  Neither of those things cost much to purchase and when the business reopens the fresh inside could generate more revenue by attracting more people due to the margin of people that would choose your business because of it.

I don't use social media at all, I deleted my facebook account after the hacking.  I only used to go on to look at family pictures and keep up with them occasionally. I have a twitter account (I think) but don't use it so I don't know how many tweets it would take to post it.  I think it would take a few tweets to get the whole idea on it. So if you think it's a good idea please let me know and any help you could give on getting this out there would be appreciated.

Masks on (I made mine from a purple bandanna to mach my hair) and keep your distance  

30118651.jpg

10 Replies
sweetplt

Happy Friday ... very good idea...Thank you for sharing...~ Colleen 508 DOF

0 Kudos
Giulia

Assuming the small business CAN reopen (I think a lot of them may go out of business), it's a good idea.  'Course if you're not generating any income, how are you going to pay for the paint, etc.?  

0 Kudos
minihorses

Thanks for the feedback! I hear ya.  I feel so awful about them.  We've always tried to support our local businesses.  Maybe donations from 'regular customers'? Maybe some of the people who read this could help with that logistics problem.

Mandolinrain

Oh ~Dear Julie, you have a heart of gold. I so admire your intent to hep others, what a lovely gesture! xoxo

indingrl

thanks for sharing -  I just made MY mask with bunnies and tiny pink hearts - hand sewn - 2 hours it took ME -  also machine wash n dry

Giulia

GREAT MASK!!!!  Hippity Hop.....

indingrl

Thanks Lady G

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

You did an amazing job!  Its so cute and I LOVE the bunny fabric! Darling!

My machine is not working right today and I think I need adjust tension? Anyway, I was to frustrated with it and the sun was out so I threw tennis balls for my dog and worked in garden

indingrl

Hand sewn works too - just SHARING Missy