cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Cousin-Itt

Spring Gems

What's you favorite hidden spring gem in your city ?

First I just want to say my Lilacs smell awesome as they are blooming So glad I quit smoking so I can enjoy them

2 Favorite spring outings that Joyce and I enjoy in Cincinnati since I quit smoking and before the Covid 

Spring Grove Cemetery and Arboretum the 3rd largest cemetery in the United States. In my opinion the most beautiful place in the City of Cincinnati especially in spring The history, headstones, statues, mausoleums, chapels and the tranquility and beauty.  Sadly due to the pandemic they are only open on Sundays 8 to 5 (If you are bored and looking for something to do search "Spring Grove Cemetery and Arboretum Cincinnati" "add images" to see amazing pictures

The Cincinnati Zoo sadly this spring is closed.  The tulips right about now at the zoo are in bloom features more than one million daffodils, hyacinths, flowering trees, shrubs and other spring bulbs. Plus we mustn't forget the zoo babies 

Eden Park Arboretum and Krohn Conservatory  Sadly the Conservatory is closed but Eden Park is partially opened 

If you ever come to Cincinnati see these places remember no one come to Cincinnati for Professional Football 

Joyce and I have discovered several other parks with great walking trails and over looks so all is still good.spring.jpgSpring Grove Cemetery

mas.jpgS G Cemetery Mausoleum & Chapel

zoo.jpg Cincinnati Zoo

30 Replies
AnnetteMM

Beautiful pictures!  I live near Rochester, NY, the home of the famous Lilac Festival. Sadly, it won't happen this year, but it's usually a pretty big event.

Cousin-Itt

Our Governor pretty much told us not to expect Sporting Events, Concerts or Festivals this year I will definitely miss the festivals

YoungAtHeart

They also canceled the Cherry Blossom Festival around the basin in DC.  I have only been a few times (the crowds are horrific and the sidewalk by the basin is narrow) - but it was probably the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen......(well, except for the alpine lake in Oechinensee, Switzerland with a million stars overhead and the moon shining off the snow-topped Alps!). 

images.jpg

(and the water WAS really that color!)

Ah, MEMORIES!

And lilac time is my all-time favorite flower season -bed  linens and jammies hung outside to dry, room cleaned, vases of lilacs all around.  AH - HEAVEN!

Cousin-Itt

Sounds like Joyce she has a vase of lilacs in the bedroom and on the dinning room table  The lake looks magical

YoungAtHeart

O M G  - it WAS!

sweetplt

Cousin-Itt Absolutely beautiful Carl...nice share...In Doylestown we have such a quaint town with cobblestones etc., restaurants, taverns, shops, Bed and Breakfast, etc., the spring everyone comes out and walks around town and sits outside at restaurants and benches...it is simply charming...we have an Art festival, parades, Christmas tree lightening and more...it is sorely missed with the virus...Colleen 506 DOF 

pastedImage_1.jpg

Cousin-Itt

Colleen   Beautiful Town.  Your town is the type of town Joyce and I look for when we take our little trips before this virus hit

Sootie

WOW! It must be so much warmer everywhere else! My lilacs have not even started blooming yet. My forsythia (sadly) started to bloom and then...of course...we got snow. It hardly even looks like Spring here yet. Our little town park is beautiful in Spring. It's my favorite walk with the dogs but sadly closed due to the virus. Actually too cold for the park yet anyway.

YoungAtHeart‌  Nancy- last year, we saw the cherry blossoms from the river.....we went on a boat and it was really fun. My daughter lives in Alexandria so she set it up....I don't even remember the name of the company. But it was a really nice way to view the blossoms ( and there were "beverages" and food). It is, as you said, a beautiful Spring sight.

Cousin-Itt

Today we were in the low 70s GoGo and I actually took a nap outside on this sunny afternoon. I put my chair in the grass of course I was barefoot and I had a towel laying in the grass for GoGo   Spring seems to have come earlier this year as I've even cut my grass 4 times        I'm not complaining