cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

breckster5321

Chantix: How do I get without a physician?

What is the best way to get a chantix prescription if I have no physician? I do have health insurance.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
5 Replies
AnnetteMM

You can't. You need a prescription.

maryfreecig

Walk in clinic in your area? Go and ask(ur wearing mask and gloves). Or...teleconference and ask. You might be able to sign up as a new patient online with a clinic local to you. Since you are insured, call or email your provider for guidance. 

Barbscloud

That sounds like a good idea.   I would contact your insurance carrier to find out the best way to proceed.   Most medical personnel would be reluctant to write a prescription for someone they haven't seen.

Barb

Toni-k

If you have a regular primary care physician, they may call in an RX for you if you talk or teleconference with them. You should check with your insurance to see if it is covered. When I was on a certain insurance a few years back, it wasn't covered. Go figure. If it's not, there are discounts out there!

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

breckster5321‌ Looks like you probably have some sound next steps.  Also you can check out https://www.chantix.com/support-for-taking-chantix/chantix-savings#chantix-savings-card (found this via google search, it's not an endorsement of any kind)  once you get direction from seeing a healthcare professional and you see what your insurance will provide.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team