cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Zak1314

Day 10

Day 10 and I'm feeling down and I'm crying out of no where .. Still having moments where a craving hits but I tell myself I don't want it or need it and it goes away.. I'm trying not to feel sad but it's a hard feeling to overcome right now.

12 Replies
sweetplt

Hi and Congratulations on 10 Days of Freedom...super job...however, you are early in the quit and it is an emotional roller coaster.  Here is an post to read on the withdrawal symptoms https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2018/01/04/early-withdrawal-symptoms?sr=se... ... Also, stay close to the support site for help.  You will not feel like this forever but unfortunately in the beginning of our quits we feel like we lost our best friend.  Be sure when you feel like this you get it out...cry and then get busy with take a walk, watch a funny show or movie and laugh, etc., try and replace that dopamine that Nico used to give...hang in there...believe me it gets better...~ Colleen 500 DOF 

Slowonder

I have been going through this too but it has gotten a lot better as the days pass. Ten days is great! Double digits! 

maryfreecig

Sad? You've come to the right place. Please stick around get to know Exers--read, learn, blog, comment--now that you've joined, you're and Exer. Congrats on your 10 days.That's a big deal and you made it happen. Sadness is dealt with one day at a time--sometimes in quitting, at least I remember my first days--I wanted all the weird and unpleasant thoughts and feelings to just go away. But it is a journey.  And it works. 

YoungAtHeart

Be PROUD that you are now an honored member of the DDC (Double Digit Club).  Going through an early quit AND the trappings (literally!) of a pandemic is a Herculean accomplishment.

Cry, yell, stomp, curse, punch a pillow!  Then - take a walk, or march in place, or sing out loud to some favorite music.  Whatever it takes!  You may not recognize it, but you are really doing great!

Keep at it - it will get better, and easier - I promise!

Nancy

Barb102

It’s ok you are doing great. A lot of us cried too while quitting. Do something nice for you. You will get through this. I believe in you and your quit. Drink water. Stay busy. This too shall pass. We are here for you. Barb

Giulia

We're going through a difficult and sad time in our lives right now - all of us, because of this nasty virus.  Everything is unsettled.  Add onto that your magnificent challenge of quitting and it's absolutely understandable and totally natural for you to be crying out of nowhere.  Quitters in the early stages cry out of nowhere normally.  And we are currently in ab-normal conditions.  So I'd say pat yourself on the back big time for achieving 10 whole days smoke free.  I mean - even if I'm 14 years down this road, I have never forgotten the beginning of this journey and how hard it was.  It's one of the reasons I never want to go back to another day one!  And you don't ever have to either.  

All you have to do is "keep on keeping on," as Mike.n.Atlanta  says.  You're doing it right.  You know?  If you weren't, you wouldn't even have 10 days under your belt.  You would have caved before this.  So buck up and stay the course.  Keep aiming for that Best in you.  You can do this.  You already have.  You're 10 days father down the road than your were 11 days ago.  

Zak1314

Thank you so much.. I feel good about resisting the cravings because I remember it was a time I couldn't go an hour without having a cigarette.  I would wake up in the morning and the first thing I would reach for was a cigarette. I would literally cry if I didn't have money for another pack or I'll be upset with the world. So I'm proud at how I'm managing this quit I just have to keep positive and get out of this sad and anxiety filled funk that comes around and the sleeplessness and the night sweats. 

0 Kudos
indingrl

Barbscloud

Congrats on day 10 smoke free.   Quitting for many is an emotional experience.  It was for me also--sad and crying for no reason.  Know that it's normal and will pass.  Keep moving forward.

Barb