cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Cousin-Itt

CURIOSITY

Just wondering how many of us have and wear masks in public.  I started wearing one last Saturday when we went to pick up groceries I had it on when I got out of the car to open and close the hatch

Just to make it a little interesting maybe you can share a picture of you wearing it.

amish.jpg

62 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

I do not have one - my governor and others speak daily on my state's situation in regards to the coronavirus.  I listen when I can.  From what I have been told, a mask helps from transmitting the virus if you are infected but does little to prevent you from catching it.  I am not going into stores - lol - this has got to be a record for me to not go to Wal-Mart - so I really have no place to go and purchase a mask. Perhaps, I should try to find one on-line to purchase?  Might be my project for the evening.  Stay safe!

SuzyQ411

Good luck finding any online Jennifer-Quit‌. I wasnt able to nor do any of our local drug stores / Walmart, etc. have any left. I was lucky to be able to get a few from my physician's office.

0 Kudos
minihorses

amazon does have a bunch of them.  I ordered paper masks for my oldest son because he wanted them because no one here seems to care about social distancing.  Having Asperger's he gets really upset when people don't follow the rules!  I made mine but he wanted the others. 

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

I ordered some on amazon two months ago, they have yet to arrive; I was given between April 15 and May 15..

0 Kudos
SuzyQ411

Yes, there has been a delay on their sending them out to the general public. I saw their statement that shipments go first to medical personnel...

0 Kudos
avian3

As of today it is mandatory that we as customers wear masks when entering any essential business in Los Angeles County. I ordered some which are suppose to arrive any day. Who ever thought I would be looking forward to receiving a mask. I tried making one but it won't stay on so I keep touching it to adjust it. What's the point of wearing it if I am going to be touching my face all the time. I did find a clown mask in the back of a closet but I don't think that will do.

SuzyQ411

LOL on the clown mask avian3‌ . Regarding the mask slippage, a gal in town is making them and she has put a section of pipe cleaner in the part that goes over the nose so the area can be pinched to create a tighter fit and combat that slippage you're talking about! 

avian3

Thanks! That's a good idea. If I don't get the ones I ordered before I go out again, I will do that. We have to wear them now and even if we didn't people face mask shame you on social media if you don't wear one.

sweetplt

I have masks Cousin-Itt due to my asthma .... but I haven’t had to wear because a few weeks back I was told I wasn’t allowed to grocery store and pharmacy, etc. , (due to health issues) Just outside walking or sitting on porch and then I don’t have to wear a mask.  Hubs wears when he goes to the grocery store and drug store...mine are the white and heavy duty ones you get from Home Depot...I like your black one...and some of my neighbors have fancy one’s with the Eagles, or cocktails, or puppy dogs...lol...I like this post...~ Colleen 499 DOF