cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Anyone experience "quit zits?"

Hello there! 

I'm currently on day 50 of this journey...within the last 2 weeks I've started getting these huge cystic zits on my face (gross, I know). This is something very out of the ordinary for me. I feel like at 35 I'm going through second puberty lol. Anyone else experience anything like this after quitting? If so, what did you use to combat this and how long did it last? I'm sure it doesn't help that I inadvertently picked my quit date at the beginning of a pandemic, but that's generally how my luck rolls lol.  Hope everyone is staying safe and sane!

6 Replies
MarilynH

Hummm I don't know about the cystic zits have you changed your eating habits since quitting smoking? I've got say Congratulations on your precious quit journey YAY for 50 splendiferous Smokefree days and counting WTG keep moving forward stacking up those precious DOF - Days Of Freedom keep moving forward so each evening you can say YAY for another Day WON.  Sdusenberry0201

YoungAtHeart

I think I might check with a dermatologist about these.  I know our systems take awhile to adjust, and I have heard of zits and such - but this sounds extreme.

Congrats on:"Halfway to the TDC (Triple Digit Club)"!  You should be doubly proud of being successful during this overly stressful time.  Woo-Hoo for YOU!

sweetplt

Oh my yes...I got a couple of zits on my chin when I quit smoking.  I was told it was because smoking causes our skin to dry (hence how we get wrinkles) and my face got more oils and the results were a few zits.  This lasted a few weeks and got better...I used a toner twice a day and that helped...actually its a good sign...Congratulations on 50 days of your journey...~ Colleen 497 DOF 

Thanks so much! I was wondering why I've been so oily lately! That makes sense. I'm going to change up my skincare routine, and hope that will do the trick. 

Barbscloud

Congrats on 50 days smoke free.  That's not something I experienced.  

Barb

0 Kudos
beazel

Yes I did - can't remember how long it lasted, a couple weeks maybe??

Mine weren't huge cystic, but were horrible none the less. (58 years old and had to go buy Clearasil Emoticons Scare Emoticons )

Congratulations on 50 DAYS! fantastic!!!

KTQ