cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Zak1314

Chest tightness and dry mouth at night

Haven't smoked a cigarette in 6 days.. When I get ready to go to sleep I get dry mouth and throat so I have to sleep with a piece of gum in my mouth so my throat can stay moist if not I'll feel like I'm I'm dehydrated.  And I have chest tightness sometimes scares the crap out of me and gives me anxiety is this a normal thing ?

Tags (1)
8 Replies
Barbara145

Congratulations on 6 days.  You are doing great.  I think a lot of people have chest symptoms.  Maybe drink more water during the day.  

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex and congrats on 6 days smoke free.   

Respiratory and Circulatory

It's very common to experience breathing and circulatory issues after quitting. For sinus congestion, try an over-the-counter medication. For chest pains, practice breathing deeply. Dizziness is also common and is often caused by increased circulation of oxygen to the brain.

If symptoms continue and it concerns you, please contact your physician.

We're here for you, so just reach out if your need encouragement and just want to share your journey.

Barb

Maki

Congrats on day Six quit . Great job . 

Keep hydrated .. 

Having some water bedside may help . It will also provide some humidity . Barbscloud above here has some great info for you .

Keep on keeping on. Great quit happening . 

AnnetteMM

I had lung pain for awhile after I quit. It was very uncomfortable, but temporary. Maybe it's similar to what you're feeling. I told myself it was a healing pain, and maybe it was. The dry mouth is also a common problem, but please don't fall asleep with gum in your mouth. Major choking hazard. Try lining the inside of your nose with Vaseline, and get a mouth spray specifically designed for the problem.

Zak1314

Thank you so much barb

0 Kudos
Zak1314

Thank you so much.. Anxiety is scary been trying some breathing exercises.  Helps a lil but so ready to get rid of this anxious feeling.

0 Kudos
Zak1314

Thank you guy's for explaining on day 7 now a whole week.. Has anyone had any night sweats due to quitting smoking?

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

There are so many symptoms people experience.  Some are physical and some psychological.   Even though there is much in common, what each person experiences can vary.   Barb

The psychological symptoms of nicotine withdrawal include:

• a strong desire or craving for nicotine
  • irritability or frustration
  • low mood
  • difficulty concentrating
  • anxiety
  • mood swings

People may also experience the following physical symptoms of nicotine withdrawal:

• headaches
  • sweating
  • restlessness
  • tremors
  • difficulty sleeping
  • waking at night
  • increased appetite
  • abdominal cramps
  • digestive issues, including constipation
  • difficulty concentrating
0 Kudos