cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Metalhead1998

Day 10 smoke free and made the right choice for now ...

I drove to a 7-11 today determined to get Juul pods. I am very stressed out because I have 3 tests tomorrow and one of them is a physics exam. I have not really studied because its online, however one of my classmates said the internet was not helpful when he took it. After driving to 7-11 I sat in the parking lot for a good 5 minutes before calling my friend Anna. She reassured me that I should not smoke with everything going on with corona. I continued the call and talked to her about what she did today, while driving home. Four hours have passed, and I am worried that tomorrow before the exam or after I will grab nicotine because I am bugging out. Im glad I turned it down for now but, if the exam doesn't go well I will most likely slide. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
sweetplt

Noooo don’t give yourself that option...do something else to get rid of the stress Metalhead1998 go take a walk ... do jumping jacks, pray, etc., smoking will not help...why go back to Day 1...sometimes when these moments happen early on in our quit, we need to ask ourselves what do our “non smoking friends” do...they don’t smoke/vape to rid the stress.  Truthfully, it won’t help...come here after the exam...Gotcha in my Thoughts and sending out a prayer for your exam and that you won’t vape...~ Colleen 494 DOF 

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

If all you wanted to buy were the pods, that means you never got rid of the battery and charger, did you?

DO IT NOW.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

So glad you kept to your commitment. Don't give yourself permission to buy pods.   Keep moving--go for a walk.  Stay close and reach out to the Ex before you make mistake.  We're here for you and want you to be successful.

Barb

0 Kudos
Metalhead1998

Barbscloud‌, AnnetteMM‌, sweetplt‌,

UPDATE:

I just finished the exam with help of the internet and I think i did well I hold an 88 in the class now and physics is not my strong suit but I held off last night and now I just have to take my quiz and write a paper 

Thank you guys for your support 

Maki

My opinion , 

Yo will find you have a clearer head for more important things in the future . Decision making for one .  Don't even think one puff , it's the most dangerous thought of all ! Everything started with one puff  

If you have more exams I think you will have even more clarity as your days being vape free add up , and you will cope better too with stress . Smoking and vaping clouds our thinking and our focus . 

Congrats on you exam today , sounds like you did well . Another congrats to you for not buying into addiction , and a thank you to your friend for talking you out of it .  Btw I hated physics too , but it's important I can see especially now. 

I am in self isolation . It's not safe for me to go out being immunocompromised , and having copd  and asthma ...the more who stay home , the sooner we will get over this pandemic . Stay safe . Stay healthy . God job ! 

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

First things first, second things second, third things third and so on.You quit for a reason. One day at a time you can give that decision the attention it deserves. Welcome to Ex.

0 Kudos