cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Erica_holland

Are these methods BAD?!

Hey everyone -- as I said in my blog post yesterday (this is my second day quitting, and I'm dying) I smoked way more of the Juul than the average person. 2-4 pods a day, a pod supposedly being equivalent to one pack of cigarettes in regards to nicotine.

I've been using nicotine gum, lozenges, and patches, as well as a vitamin b12 vaporizer, to mimic the act of smoking.

I am so antsy right now, I'm wondering:

Do you think going outside to take a puff of a cigarette every time I'm absolutely freaking out is bad?

Like only a couple times a day while I'm weening off of the Juul? I think cigarettes are disgusting, I hate the smell and the taste, but I have some leftover from some time long long ago. I don't see myself getting too used to those or enjoying it at all.

Also, do you think the b12 vaporizer is a bad move?

Do you think I will just get in the habit of sucking on that thing while the nicotine is being delivered through the gum, etc.? 

AHHHHHHHHH DAY 2 IS SUCKING, HELLLLLLLLP.

Labels (1)
7 Replies
Slowonder

Erica_holland  you are doing great. Day two is rough and you are doing it! Don't smoke. It won't help. I don't know about B12. You'll get much more advice from others here but I'll say just a few things. Breathe deep and slow for a few breaths. Remember that you're choosing to do the best thing for yourself and that you are more than capable of hard work for the right reasons. Maybe watch or listen to something funny. These have helped me. This tough day is one you'll never have to do again because you don't vape anymore. I'm in your corner!!

Erica_holland

Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

READ the book by Allen Carr and you will understand why it is a TERRIBLE idea to take even one puff of a vape or a cigarette.  You are working to starve the brain sensors of nicotine - and what you are feeling is withdrawal from both the physical AND psychological parts of the addiction.  As long as you keep feeding them nicotine, they will continue to demand it.  It's an all or nothing deal.  The worst is the first few days, then the next couple of weeks are rough but a little easier, and then it gets easier and easier as time passes.  Every time you take a puff of anything, you are starting back at the beginning - giving them hope so they will keep trying to get you to give them MORE! 

Yeah, it sucks  - big time.  Exercise, watch a funny video, call a friend, read here - just keep your mind occupied and off of the crave.

Keep at it, though  - the only way out is through.  AND - quitting is a decision you will never regret!

Nancy

sweetplt

Honestly...you are an addict and no guarantee you won’t get hooked on cigarettes...Day 2 is bad in the quit...the first week is called hell week...You need to read here and find things to do instead of giving in to the urge...drink plenty of water, take a shower, go outside and take a walk with social distancing, etc., one way or the other you started the withdrawal process and you will have to get through it in order to quit...hang in there...if you believe in GOD ask him to take this awful antsy feeling from you...and see what happens...we are here for you...~ Colleen 486 DOF 

Kdot1st

I almost have a month.

Several times a day I think I really don't wanna do this. I hate it. But the feeling passes fairly quickly. I seriously don't want to go back to day 1

I snack a lot. 

Grapes, Junior Mints, Snyder's Honey Mustard and Onion Pieces, jelly beans & Hot Fries. Sometimes just suck on ice. 

I can't walk very far so I do horizontal running on the bed & sitting up bed dancing for my upper body. 

I can tell you this.... if you hate the smell & taste of cigarettes, old cigarettes from a long time ago are 10 times worse. Extremely yucky. 

Come here & read & blog. Everyone is loving & supportive. 

Karen

ndillon

I love Honey Mustard and Onion Pieces!  I'm so glad someone else discovered the magic.  I will try you suggestions, I'm quitting the Juul and it's going to be hell.  I absolutely love it but it's got to go.  

Best to you

I love that flavor too. Now they also have Snyder's Rounds. Wish they came in a mustard and onion flavor as well.

0 Kudos