cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

SuzyQ411

" I'M LATE, I'M LATE, FOR A VERY IMPORTANT DATE!"

You may remember the title of this entry from Alice in Wonderland~ as spoken by White Rabbit~ and it just seems to fit the bill for me at this time. You see, I've had the craziest day and now at 10:30 PM I am finally getting to my e-mails and the EX site. I have missed my usual morning "date" with the EX.

But I want to be sure I post my stats and my commitment to stay quit. 

I'm going to change the routine a bit by taking the hand of someone in particular to make my formal pledge to not smoke today because I have missed her and I see she has returned to the site. And so, I take your hand PastTense‌ and agree with you to not smoke even one little puff today.

I also want to shout out that today is my 87th day fully- free of cigarettes; that means I have not smoked a total of 1,305 cigarettes since my current quit on January 6, 2020.

That doesn't mean that I'm free from cravings, because I'm not. And, it doesn't mean I am happy about the additional 5# that I've gained, because I'm not.

But, it does mean that I am sticking with my plan to live a cigarette-free life... In order to help me prevent having a stroke.... And, well, to just smell better....

I also want to share just a little bit of humor for those reading this little note that speaks of how my life has changed during these times of peril:

Yup, that was me at the cashier's counter!

Stay tobacco free, healthy and happy.

~Suzy

Tags (1)
11 Replies
PastTense

THank you, SuzyQ411‌!  What a very sweet gesture!

I am here, just trying to adjust to changes at work and home like everybody else.

Congrats on 87 dyas!!!  You are rocking your quit. 

PT

Keep the Quit
PT
MarilynH

Thanks for sharing this great uplifting post you are rocking your precious quit journey YAY for Smokefree living and YAY for each and every Day WON Whoo hoo, hip hip hooray whoopee let's CELEBRATE because I absolutely love CELEBRATING MILESTONES a super congrats on 87 splendiferous DOF wowser you're just around the corner from the awesome TDC - Triple Digit Club.

SuzyQ411

thank you folksy.jpg

sweetplt

Ah you are a sweetie...I wish I could see the picture, but some reason I can’t view....Congratulation on 87 Days of Freedom...You have worked hard...and I know you will continue to work and keep this quit...Have a beautiful Thursday...Keep safe and keep well my dear SuzyQ...Colleen 486 DOF 

SuzyQ411

Colleen- The image you can't see for whatever reason says:

" So technically showing up at the bank in a mask and gloves is ok now." (Thought it was funny)

Christine13

Happy 87th day Suzy!!!  Yayyyy, you're really sticking with this quit, and I'm so proud of you!!

The 5 lbs. will come off, don't worry, one thing at a time.  Thanks for cheering everyone on!

SuzyQ411

P.S. I just noticed the time stamp on my blog post says 1:06 PM; actually it was 1:06 AM!! That's how crazy my day was yesterday~

Kdot1st

Wow, that's amazing. 

And that you've only gained 5 lbs since January. 

I've gained 9 lbs since March 4th.

I've been late posting for days so don't feel bad. 

I couldn't see that picture either. I've never even figured out a place that lets you post a picture. I do not see that as an option anywhere.

No idea how people do it. 

Now it's almost Friday so have a safe & happy Friday

Karen

SuzyQ411

thank you ribbon.jpg Appreciate you support and encouragement Kdot1st‌.

However, I must (sadly) clarify your interpretation of my post: I have gained 5 MORE pounds...a total of 13# since my first quit in August 2019 which was interrupted by a 2 week relapse in December. (Jeans getting kinda tight...sigh...) And,

this 5# is during a period without any candy bars which I had to stop eating per my Dr's order as my cholesterol level had jumped. (I was eating 2 or 3 at a time, at least x3 weekly; YIKES)

Just have to find the will to change out  the available snacks in my house and get back to carrots, yogurt, more fresh fruit, etc.... (Can Instacart fill that order for will power?)

Sucks as I had been overweight for a long time and had lost 45# about a year before I quit smoking in August~

BUT I am smoke-free for the longest period of time after smoking heavily for 61 years!!