cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Cousin-Itt

Opinion Needed

I was really never at good at letting stupid things go. I would let the dumbest things buildup inside until I would go do something. Two things happened yesterday I wasn't  even going to mention them but I find myself still this morning letting it bother me.

I found out late afternoon a friend of mine is in ICU pneumonia due to virus right after I got off the phone the second thing came about.  My oldest granddaughter called upset over the term Boomer Remover which I had no idea what it meant.  When she told me what it meant I was a little taken back and found myself with my hand in the pouch on my chair where I use to keep my cigarettes.  At the end I told her not to worry over stupid things and I had to promise her I would be extra careful. 

I need to take my own advice but it just bothers me 

This will give you a idea what I'm refering too one of many I found     I know it shouldn't bother me but when you know someone who probably die from it  

WHAT"S YOUR TAKE ON THE NEW NAME

Found on Twitter or what ever people call I left the young girls name off

corona virus:
-boring
-what even is a corona??
-sounds stupid

boomer remover:
-cool as f@%k
-boomers are being removed
-goodbye old people

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sweetplt

Hi Carl...again I say, I don’t see people changing during, after this crisis.  Maybe I shouldn’t be so harsh, the majority won’t change...how could they ... they are the same, Hoarding, not helping, boomer remover’s, etc., when we can’t forgive stupidity, pray for them...if people don’t start learning from all that is going on, I am not sure what to say about the future of this country and it’s people.  I am sorry you are upset...the best advice...”This too shall pass...”...be well and be safe ... you are a good man ... Colleen 483 DOF 

0 Kudos
PastTense

Many people resort to gallows humor to help them over a crisis.  Many people think they are being edgy and cool when they are just being rude and hurtful.  I heard COVID-19 called the Kung Flu.  Is that funny? 

"Boomer Remover" is crude beyond words.  Your own advice is the best.  Ignore it.  Rise above it.

PT

Keep the Quit
PT
Barbara145

I am certainly a boomer.  It does not bother me in the least. People are stressed.  It is a scary time.  Take good care of yourself.

Barbscloud

As a boomer, I'll comment instead on the corona virus:
-boring
-what even is a corona??
-sounds stupid

Stupid shippy things GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Barbara

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

You can't fix stupid.  Pay it no mind!

Maki

Keeping all in prayer .