cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Cousin-Itt

HOMETOWN GOOD

Here are just a couple good things small businesses are doing Cincinnati Thought I'd share 

A small locally owned Ice Cream Parlor is giving away free Ice Cream Cones to lift spirits 

A small Local Cincinnati Bourbon Distillery is manufacturing and donating hand sanitizer to front line health and food providers across the Cincinnati Area including hospitals

Share the good in your area

I found something more contagious than the corvid 19 virus.  It's called a smile, a laugh and good deed                              We all know smoking don't help

8 Replies
sweetplt

Ah Carl...it seems there are wonderful people pitching in everywhere...my neighbors chalked everyone’s sidewalks, with hearts, welcome to spring, be happy, keep positive, wash your hands...of course we all did our own driveways to keep the distance...it was nice all weekend to see what was written...~ Colleen 476 DOF 

YoungAtHeart

Our local distillery is also converting to make hand sanitizer and giving it away to medical/emergency responders, etc. for free.

If it ever stops raining, I intend to leave paper and crayons out on a table next to our sidewalk and have a line with clothespins stretched across the front of my yard for the young-uns to draw pictures/grown-ups to draw messages.....maybe later today---hoping!  Everybody in our village is out walking the sidewalks these days.

I have been calling my shut-in friend in the LTC facility every day.  Tough on them to be kept in their rooms.  She is lucky to be on the ground floor and have a wonderful view of a landscaped area from her window, but no human touch is wearing on her.

I ALWAYS plant about 50 pansy plants in my gardens and in pots in the Spring, and I was bemoaning my lack this year.  I will stop that now.

":)

Cousin-Itt

It's warming up here It will be interesting to see how it all goes.  Every one would stop and talk to each other in the warm months Will see how it goes 60s and 70s with sun the next 3 days

YoungAtHeart

Can I come stay with YOU?  Here is my forecast:

Today:  Cloudy, some sun late

Weds:  Rain

Thurs:   Mostly sunny (but that's what TODAY was supposed to be!)

Fri:  Cloudy

Sat:  Rain

Sun:  Showers

Mon:  Sunny (but I DOUBT it!)

Tues:  Party cloudy

Weds:  Showers

Cousin-Itt

We have rain listed for Saturday but will still be in the 70s 

Today           high around 60 mostly cloudy with peaks of sunshine

Wednesday. high mid 60s full sun

Thursday.     Mostly sunny low to mid 70s smell of fresh cut grass in the air

Friday.          Partly sunny low to mid 70s rain late evening

You are welcome anytime in case your hungry We eat lunch at 1:00 and dinner around 5:30 to 6 

Maki

We have the same here in regards to the sanitizer s , that kindness has spread . Also a pharmacy is making hand sanitizer . 

I have not seen much in way of other things . I know my sons neighbor has been so very kind bringing me soup and setting it on my doorstep . 

Of course I'm not going out to hear or see much of what's happening and not on the news a lot but I'm sure there are lots of things hopefully happening to support one another through this . 

Please be considerate and don't hoard groceries I know is the message we are getting here although I think it's always wise to have a couple weeks ( which is what I normally do anyway ) having two weeks supply reduces the crowds in the grocery stores as well and leaves enough for others and helps the stores and restckers  keep up with demand . Don't hoard is the message . The poor are going with even less now due to the facilities not being able to get the necessary supplies to make the meals .

Oh someone had bought cases of toilet paper and was kind enough to donate to local churches to redistribute to the elderly . That was nice . I'm sure people thought he was buying for himself . 

As mentioned I'm trying to help keep everyone in doors by singing . So far it's working .. (of course I'm just kidding )  they are all lined up under my window with requests lol ...I have to leave a basin with soap and water , towels and hand sanitizer it's so crowded ..  crap you didn't fall for that one either eh lol . I'll be going to Nashville , cutting a record deal as soon as this is over ... nope ? Not that one either ... ok truth ... just singing for fun and loving it . 

I have been trying to think of something fun to uplift others from where I'm at , but not computer savvy or being able to leave home much is a hindrance . I'm not that creative . Some really good ideas above there though ..  

Forcast here is again snow and cold , ( that's why no walks as yet ) we still are in winter mode here ..

Skies are a little grey but I see hope in the patches of blue sky peeking through more and more each minute as I type and they are opening up to what looks like a beautiful cold day .

Positivity is in the high 90's today . Whoop!

Smoking 100 percent NO ! Whoop whoop ! 

Cousin-Itt

Having sunshine a positive outlook and not smoking is a great day.  

elvan

We had a LITTLE sun today and I managed to get outside while it was there.  The ground is SO WET.  I have heard of several places making hand sanitizer and giving it away.  It's a great idea.

Ellen

0 Kudos