cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

WhispersQSMB

N.Y. physicians urge Gov. Cuomo to ban tobacco to battle coronavirus

Amid coronavirus crisis, NY doctors ask Gov Cuomo to ban tobacco, vaping - New York Daily News 

The New York State Academy of Family Physicians is urging Gov. Cuomo to issue an executive order banning the sale of all tobacco products, citing a study that found smokers are at an increased risk of being impacted by the respiratory illness

8 Replies
Cousin-Itt

As much as I would like to see a smoke free world, this is not the way,

AnnetteMM

Would work about as well as prohibition.

YoungAtHeart

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I agree.  They would have my permission right AFTER they ban alcohol.  Makes my blood boil - even if a smoke/vapor free world is a good idea.

I HATE Big Government.  HATE it!

indingrl

yahooooo it is a BEGINNING - food for thought is first - the planting of a seed - and leaving the OUTCOME in God's hands amen

DavesTime

A very bad idea.  I'd love it if everyone would smoking, and non-smokers do fare much better than smokers if they catch the virus, but this strong-armed approach when people are already stressed is NOT the right move.  If I was still smoking I would be incensed.  Like others have said, I hate nanny-state government.

Barbscloud

Bad idea.  Just what we need.  More stressed people freaking out.

avian3

As many of us are forced to stay inside with the ones we love and aren't used to the 24/7 time together, if we are smokers we probably need to smoke more. Imagine going through withdrawals at this time. Domestic violence breaks out and cops are forced to come in to our homes within 6 ft. handcuff us and take us to jail.

WhispersQSMB

NYers would be snapping at everyone