cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

Stupid Question Under the Circumstances

The Jive platform seems to have become as unstable as our life platform.  Changing on a daily basis.

Just tried to "like" something.  Got this in reply with X through the thumbs up:

Not allowed to like.  Seems like the entire Jive platform is self destructing just like our current wold is.  I couldn't capture the hand figure in the screen capture.  Does it matter?  Not really in the scheme of things.  But this was a first for me.  That I wasn't allowed to "like" something.

Well, I LIKE this site.  I like it  LOT.  And we don't need "like" buttons to say so.  And so I have!

Tags (1)
29 Replies
MarilynH

It's been happening to me off and on for the last couple of days but the weird thing for me is I'll be logged in commenting on blogs and maybe a couple of likes which is working fine then I'll read another blog which it won't allow me to like or comment then I'll notice that it in the upper right corner it says log in so I tap on it and then I'm logged in again which I should've have been anyway Giulia we really need this site working efficiently especially right now.....

Yes.  I've just noticed that too a few minutes ago.  It seems to be requiring a new log in of late.  And I cleared my "cache" not too long ago and already just logged in so it should not be happening now.

You're absolutely right.   We need the site to be working efficiently especially under the current circumstances when so many smokers are going CRAZY because they can't get to their store to buy their smokes.  I went to the liquor store today (which was open, though you couldn't get in the premises.  Good move, thought I. They came outside, took your order, gathered it up inside, came back outside with  it and the machine that, if you were using a credit card, you could sign on... Meanwhile the other half or the store,  dedicated to the smoking end of our addictions was closed.) 

And a truck drove in as I was about to get back into my car with the booze I had purchased, and they asked about the other end of the store and cigarettes, and I said it was closed... and as they drove off I just thought "God, I'm so sorry they are going through a nicotine panic."  And how long it would be, before they would find a store that had cigarettes - or vapes, or whatever they needed.  And I hope that maybe they won't get their fix of cigarettes.  That maybe that might be one way to overcome this addiction?  Because you simply can't get any?  No option.  The reality that might be actually occurring now which is the same reality that we, successful quitters, created long ago in our minds.  "Smoking is not an option."

But, ya know.. we have so much more to worry about than this.  

Sootie

This is just an opinion of mine but I really can't stand like buttons......I KNOW the majority of people "like" them (no pun intended)  but I don't and---sorry Giulia‌  I just sort of jumped on your blog to say so. This is off topic from what you are speaking to that the platform is malfunctioning.......and I apologize for changing the subject.

Sootie, I am in complete agreement with you.  (Well, not so much that I hate"like" buttons" but just that I find them so childish and petty.  Also psychologically so - self aggrandizing or self depleting.  They're for kids, right?)  As a matter of fact, before you put up this response I wrote a whole blog on the topic.  Just didn't get around to editing it.  And I usually wait until the light of day and the evening's digestings before I throw up a blog.  Because sometimes it can be just simply barf.

But you, my dear, are welcome to jump in ANY TIME (as are any other people) to respond in any way you like on any blog of mine.  What I wrote in my blog - yet to be - is:  “LIKES” are, at the base level, an acknowledgment."

To my mind any comment means somebody's reading and paying attention.  And I thank you for your opinion.  I value it.

I agree that at least, a like button shows someone was reading a blog. And, they are fine......just somewhat overused at times. 

But, like buttons remind me of something my Dad used to day (is anyone sick of my Dad stories yet? I have a million!)

So--my Dad would always say that if you give someone a paperweight you were really saying......"I couldn't be bothered trying to think of a gift for you so I am giving you this rock kind of thing in case a very strong wind ever blows through your office." Dad passed away before gift cards became popular...but my sister and I always laugh when we give each other gift cards and we repeat Dad's words in jest......I couldn't be bothered trying to think of a gift for you.......

Now people....please don't:

>Ask me what a paperweight is( dating myself)

>Tell me a gift card is often a very nice gift(I know that)

>Tell me you will stop "liking" my blogs if that is how I feel (PUL LEEZE!!)

It's just some observations of mine that are in no way judgement of you.....cause you know I love you all.

Hmmmm, I wonder what people younger than we (well ME, we know you've got the Fountain of Youth in your blood), consider a paper weight today?  Well, they don't use paper, do the?, so I guess they don't need a weight for it????  Paper?  What's that?  Except perhaps for the toilet kind.  Paper towels.  But writing upon?  That'd be papyrus, right?  To the younger generation with the computers and cell phones in their hands...  They don't even have "script."  It's all block letters.  Perhaps we've even degenerated to the X mark.  

Overused?  Really?  (She said sarcastically.) 

Wish I could have met your Dad.  But I did meet you.  Next best thing.

PS.  Nancy may have a problem with your "judgement" spelling.  Youngatheart.7.4.12

But this is a "No Judgment Zone!"

YoungAtHeart‌  Giulia

I actually know the "discussion" on judgement/judgment.........but I have to tell you that judgment just doesn't 
"look" right to me and so I like to use the other.

0 Kudos

It's ALL good - the "e" makes the hair on the back of my arms stand on end when used in that word!

It's what makes the world such a wonderful, unique place:  Different strokes for different folks!

0 Kudos