cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

bhavna

Advice for people who are having stomach/sleep issues with Chantix

I had really bad nausea and gas from Chantix....aside from taking it with a full meal and lots of water, it really helps to take an antacid along with it- my doctor's advice, and it really worked. Sorry if this is already known! It super helps to do that before bed to curb the crazy dreams or nightmares. Another thing to remember about the dreams is that if you're stomach is upset or digesting something hard (say steak, or something high fat) you are already prone to having bad dreams. So eating well before bedtime and taking an antacid works.

Tomorrow is my quit day and I just joined here, wish me luck 🙂
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
kristen14

Good Luck!!
Chantix is my wonder drug, I have been quit for 109 days, my husband is on day 4 of his quit also with Chantix and if HE can do it ANYBODY can!
Welcome to Ex
Say hi in the discussion part to not everyone reads these 😉
0 Kudos
libby

So cool that you are quitting, the best of luck to you. Are you using any aids?
0 Kudos
lois2

GOOD LUCK determination and you can quit
0 Kudos
palmarge

Thank you about the antacid, I did not know it would help, taking it with it,
I'll try that,
0 Kudos
palmarge

Been real good to day, the antacid did help a lot, I also used soy milk when I took it,along with 8oz of water,
did not have as much gas today, and I had beans too, LOL.
0 Kudos
palmarge

Were are all the Chantix user's????????
Dont seem to be many on here now????
0 Kudos
mrswilliamson

The Antacid is Awesome advise!! I will pass this on to my Husband!!  I am on Day 15 and my husband had a Slip up just the other day... but still he hasn't given up... he is still working towards his quit!! So.. Good Luck Sweety!!

0 Kudos