cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Florflor

How do you asign the daily gain points?

Hi, I'm Flor flor

How do you asign the level too? I'm clasified the number 250.  Quit on 02-18-2014; gane 8504 points(+81)

which mean 3496points for level 8 and entered this community on november 24, 2009. What is the meaning of those numbers?  Thanks.

3 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Those numbers on the leader board are misleading - and, in actuality, mean very little.  Sometimes points that are awarded are added to your total, sometimes not.  Sometimes if you give a badge the points you award are subtracted from you and never given to the person, sometimes it is the opposite.  Sometimes they seem not to be working at all.

Which is a long way of saying they have only worked sporadically, so pay them no mind!

Florflor

Thanks  Young.  While reading It seemed to be complicated.  But any way I used to get impresive for those numbers and feel somehow proud of myself. Thanks

0 Kudos
Maki

I agree they can be a personal incentive but they are not accurate as was mentioned but still  I think if they help you feel a sense of accomplishment hey why not keep participating . The numbers will go up at some point , they don't go back . 

There are a certain number of points you have to achieve to move up a level . That's all calculated as you participate I believe . The points you will get for certain things are calculated by what you do on the site and how active you are . Ie liking someones post might give you or them a point or both of you points not sure on that , then bookmarking might give you six points .. etc . at least this is how I understand it .  I don't use the point system myself but as a newbie I think they would be great help

I personally think that if the system worked even better they could be great incentive for newcomers to help them move forward . 

Hope this helps a bit .. 

Congratulations on your quit btw .