cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Cousin-Itt

UPDATE OHIO

Yesterday morning  the Governor of Ohio was in the process of postponing Ohio's primary today due to the Corvid-19 Virus.  Later yesterday afternoon the Ohio Supreme Court order Governor DeWine to hold the primaries as scheduled and open all polling places in the state. I went to bed last night debating what I should do as I'm sure along with others who have health conditions and or elderly.  When I put the news on the first thing crossed the screen  

State of Ohio Health Department Declares State of Emergency All Polling Places Closed 

Voting now will happen on June 02 The state is encouraging citizens request a mail in ballot. 

9 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Glad they found a way.  The alternative left people possibly choosing between their civic duty and death.  The results, too, would be open to challenge - so what, exactly was the point going to be?

Good that sanity prevailed.

Sootie

Cannot figure out WHY we can't all vote by mail all the time?? I mean even without the virus, there is always a concern about weather on voting days etc etc.......why not just everyone vote by mail and be done with it. I believe several States have been doing this for YEARS!

PLUS---while I am venting------WHY can't we all vote at the same time in the primaries? I mean why MUST Iowa be first and New Hampshire second and on and on??? By the time PA gets around to voting, no one is left. 

I have to say these seem to be antiquated "we've always done it this way" systems which are nonsense.

And----AS ALWAYS---that is just MY opinion.

Cousin-Itt

I do agree about everyone voting on the same day.  

I never gave voting by mail much thought 

Mandolinrain

I think voting by mail is excellent idea! Sure would be safer for everyone. Love this idea!

Our state (Ohio ) went from 50 cases of positive CORVID-19 cases yesterday to 67 today. The counties are getting closer to us. Scary.

Aside from going out to walk Nico, I have stayed home. We do have grandkids coming in morning though through Friday, so we will be entertained and they are all healthy presently, as are we.

Having MS has put a little more scare of all of this on me though, have to admit. I know others have much worse immunity problems and health situations than I though.

Take care everyone. I will pop in as I can with all the kiddos here. Prayers and love to you and yours all

ShawnP

the most cases are in my county. My medical facility is really screening people entering. They have limited so many. Encouraging the tele visits. On Jan 31, i was called in earlier to work to do a terminal clean in an exam room with possible corona. 4 weeks later, i got the flu. Still have the cough. Absentee voting would be the best for all plus it gives you time to look over all the candidates and make the best choice.

Cousin-Itt‌, another Ohioan, yay

YoungAtHeart

Oh, my dear, I am SO sorry to read this.  I am glad to hear you are over the worst of it, and hope the cough soon follows.

Nancy

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Holding you in my daily prayers. 

0 Kudos
sweetplt

As it should be Carl...right now safety of people should be important. 

Cousin-Itt

COVID-19 - coronavirus.ohio.gov     This is not a link    type website 

This is a great site   With great information on Latest information and news including

Resources for Parents and Families - COVID-19 Checklists -                How You Can Prevent and Prepare - Coping with COVID-19 Anxiety - COVID-19 and Community Spread - Public Health Orders               PLUS MUCH MORE